We have an exciting opportunity for a Control Engineer to join our British Gypsum team at Sherburn . You will maintain designated area’s SCADA control system along with plant PLC and software system interfaces, and to deliver relevant capital projects on time and within budget. We've got high standards at British Gypsum so the ideal candidate should have a great attention to detail and take great care in their work. We’re looking for someone with previous experience as a control, electrical or electronic engineer, and degree level qualified. If you’re looking for a new challenge, this could be the role for you!
What you’ll be doing as a Control Engineer:
· Maintenance and development of the SCADA control system and plant instrumentation systems.
· Assist with engineering investigations to rectify line failures and reduce machine downtime (maintaining a flexible working pattern to give out of hours support where possible)
· Work on and complete continuous improvement projects
· Understand Best practice within the control engineering environment and propose recommendations for line improvements
· Continually monitor the plants control performance and set plans with targets to improve upon the reliability of the equipment
· Manage quotes, work orders and purchase orders
· Manage contract and site labour during maintenance activities
· Develop Control & Instrumentation Craftsman.
· Proactive safety – Audits and safety conversations
· A priority on targeting zero safety incidents
· Risk assessments carried out reviewed and completed
· Line Performance- associated with Control and software systems
· Completion on time and within budget of Assigned projects as part of Annual site plan
· Delivery of planned capex requirements On time in budget.
· Capex creation & submission.
What we’re looking for in a Control Engineer:
· Ideally degree level qualified in Electrical Engineering.
· 5 years’ minimum Electrical, software design & software implementation within a production and maintenance environment.
· Management experience, good communication, shared learning within the business is essential and strong people coaching skills are required.
· Ideally familiar with Allen Bradley, Controllogix, Powerflex drives, Wincc, Wonderware SCADA
· Logical approach to problem solving & failure analysis through use of Kaizen tools.
We are an inclusive employer and keen to hire talented people regardless of their background, abilities, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, what football team you support, taste in music, fashion sense or anything else that makes you, you!
We believe that working in a diverse business can be more enjoyable, teams can be more innovative, and make better decisions. We already employ many fantastic people from diverse backgrounds, but we still want to do more.
So, we are on a mission to make Saint-Gobain inclusive and accessible to all, with role models for you to look up to and learn from, no matter who you are!
You’ll also get some great benefits as part of British Gypsum…
· A defined contribution pension scheme
· Competitive salary
· Access to 100’s of highstreet and leisure discounts, as well as a state of the art rewards system
· As part of British Gypsum, you’re automatically covered by the Saint-Gobain Life Assurance scheme
· Plus plenty more!