People are at the heart of our strategy
A family-owned Group, Roquette offers a positive and attractive work and career environment, in which everyone can learn, develop , contribute to the overall company performance and be recognized for doing so.
A family-owned Group, Roquette offers a positive and attractive work and career environment, in which everyone can learn, develop, contribute to the overall company performance and be recognized for doing so.
Roquette is a global leader in plant-based ingredients and a pioneer of new vegetal proteins. A career with Roquette Canada will provide you with the opportunity to work with industry leaders who are paving the way in Roquette’s future. Our teams are guided by the vision of “Better Nutrition”, “Healthier Planet”. We are looking for passionate people like you to join us in our mission to “Offer the Best of Nature”!
The primary purpose of this position is to assist/support the legal entity financial controller for all aspects of statutory accounting and tax compliance activities. This includes statutory accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, external audit, accounts receivable, accounts payable, taxation, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures. The position will also assume as a key user for SAP FI module.
The main missions of this position are:
· Support all finance, accounting and tax compliance activities, including as a liaison person for the remote support locations outside of Canada for the back-office activities.
· Assist in the preparation and publishing the monthly and year-end financial statements
· Support the activities for the tax functions, including, tax compliance activities, accounting for income taxes, the filing of the indirect taxes (GST/PST), and the implementation of the global transfer price policy
· Implement group standards, internal controls and comply with external statutory, tax and governance requirements
Job duties include:
· Act as liaison between Finance and the other departments/functions of the Canada operations and Group personnel.
· Work closely with the global Statutory and Consolidation Team to support closing, group consolidation and adhere to the published closing schedule and group directives
· Day to day financial management, and support the activities in GL, A/P, A/R, Business Analysis and Reporting, and some of them through the remote location for the back-office activities.
· Responsible to support Group’s financial statements, and issue timely and complete financial statements for internal and external purposes.
· Responsible to review and record all accounting transactions as per the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) as per the IFRS requirements.
· Analyze financial statements by reviewing actual to budget, actual to last year, reviewing and investigating variances and metrics, including making recommendations to improve financial management.
· Responsible for ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
· Maintain internal controls over financial recording and reporting.
· Responsible for monthly, quarterly and year-end closing process, and prepare the corporate periodic report package.
· Timely update of Balance Sheet accounts justification using the dedicated digital tool.
· Prepare manual and significant journal entries.
· Responsible for the inventory accounting, asset accounting and payroll accounting.
· Ability to research and analyze accounting transactions for proper treatment under IFRS (or Canada GAAP where applicable), including researching appropriate literature, perform analysis, write-up of findings, arrive at appropriate conclusion, and preparing position papers and support to record the transaction in the general ledger.
· Support Treasury to monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants as needed.
· Works on special projects as needed, including integration of new entity from the M&A activities.
· Support insurance program renewals and amendments as needed.
· Provides training, guidance, and direction to employees to ensure work is performed in an efficient, timely, and knowledgeable manner.
Tax compliance and tax accounting activities:
· Responsible for Tax Planning, Income Tax Accounting, and Tax compliance activities.
· Prepare Federal and Provincial income and capital tax returns for the legal entity.
· Ensure that tax instalments are made on a timely basis and correctly calculated as well as adjusted to consider revised forecasts and audit adjustments to minimize non-deductible interest.
· Ensure timely filing of indirect taxes (GST, PST).
· Tax accounting for quarterly income tax provisions according to IFRS including tax estimates for both planning and reporting purposes.
· Provide analysis and support for tax planning and reporting as required.
· Assist in external tax audits.
· Ensure compliance with internal control policies on tax related matters.
· Implement and maintain best practices to minimize tax risk.
Works directly with external auditors during the annual year-end audit:
· Coordinates year-end audit with external auditors and assists in the preparation of audit schedules, data, and information.
· Prepare annual financial statements and financial footnotes.
· Works closely with the finance staff to coordinate efforts to provide needed information for the auditors.
· Ensures required information is readily available.
· Maintains the scope of the audit within the prescribed boundaries.
· Conducts internal audits of processes, records and information.
· Directs the implementation of needed corrections as determined by audit.
Must have strong organization and communication skills as well as excellent accounting skills
Good understanding of finance including accounting, tax, treasury, costing, IT is a plus
Continuous improvement to finance and accounting processes
Ability to work and communicate cross functional and with overseas counterparts
Must have a demonstrated hands-on approach and success in working in a team-based environment.
Ability to perform analysis and solve problems.
Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment with competing priorities.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and / or advanced degree in Accounting, CPA desirable.
5+ years of progressive experiences in accounting and finance experience, including 1-3 years of this experience gained in a public accounting firm.
Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures, including background in IFRS and GAAP.
Experience with creating complete financial statements with footnotes.
Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process.
Experience with external audit activities and external auditor requirements.
Experience with ERP systems, SAP a plus.
Experience in a broad range of tax areas, including compliance, tax accounting, state and local, sales tax and transfer pricing and Canadian (GST
Experience in an international business environment with cross border transactions.
Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities and meet deadlines
Roquette provides numerous career opportunities, thanks to the diversity of its jobs and their international dimension.
Joining Roquette means joining dynamic teams ambitious for success.
Add Your Talent to Ours!