People are at the heart of our strategy
A family-owned Group, Roquette offers a positive and attractive work and career environment, in which everyone can learn, develop , contribute to the overall company performance and be recognized for doing so.
Portage la Prairie, Manitoba, Canada site is home to our Pea Processing Plant, which was named the Project of the Year by the Economic Developers Association of Manitoba at their inaugural Economic Development Awards in 2017. The plant is the largest investment dedicated to pea protein in the food, nutrition and health markets globally so far. This new site will expand Roquette’s production capacity and respond to the growing customer demand for plant-based proteins both in North America and around the world.
Roquette's Pea & Protein Business Line -
Our ambition is to be the long term global leader in New Plant Protein Specialties by offering sustainable, innovative & high quality solutions today & tomorrow. We have more than 40 years’ experience in researching and producing plant protein, and we are a pioneer in plant-based protein specialties We have impressive projects in France and Canada to meet the global booming market demand We are preparing the future with the next generations of proteins solutions. We are building the Healthy world of tomorrow! If working in a growing and exciting environment makes you « HaPea », please join us !
Position Purpose -
The Shift Supervisor will be cross trained on all areas of Production.
In general, plan, direct, or coordinate the work activities and resources necessary for manufacturing Pea protein in accordance with cost, quality, and quantity specifications. Supervise and direct production of Pea Protein using materials, methods, processes, and procedures as adopted by management for the safety and productivity of the plant and all employees and contractors.
This position has to be able to take fill in for all supervisor position in the workshop in daily base or Shift base
Accountable for day-to-day crew results including safety, productivity, quality, etc. Accountable for long-term development of team and team members to build depth of capability for improved results.
Accountable for delivering both short and long term team results around initiatives set by Head of Production around safety, KPIs, continuous improvement, etc.
The person will have to learn the process to be able to supervise the production shift crews.
Key Accountabilities -
· Accountable for the safety of their team
· Accountable for promptly identifying and addressing unsafe conditions or behaviors
· Accountable for timely and complete investigations, remedying safety concerns, educating employee on hazards and risk mitigation
· Accountable to ensure effective safety meetings and toolbox talks, with involvement from employees and sharing of relevant information to keep employees safe
· Accountable for ensuring employees receive adequate training to safely perform their duties
· Accountable for employees’ adherence / compliance to SOP, Roquette Safety Expectations, safe work practices and risk mitigation tools
· Accountable for meeting housekeeping standards in all the Production departments.
· Cross train on all departments and provide back up when the other area supervisors and shift supervisors are sick or on vacation.
· Accountable for maximizing overall Operations results on throughput, uptime, efficiencies, and usages
· Accountable to develop a first set of maintenance competencies in workshop
· Accountable to develop analytical tasks in workshop
· Accountable for driving bottom up Roquette Production initiatives
· Accountable for completion and quality of routine check sheets, tasks, etc.
· Accountable for informing Head of Production of current, potential equipment failures
· Execute plans for scheduled down days, shut down, etc.
· Accountable for troubleshooting equipment failures, determining work around and reporting deficiencies, problems to Head of Production.
· Work with Maintenance, Engineering and other departments on issues.
· Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Head of Production
· Accountable to take action / adjust variables to meet quality and productivity standards
· Accountable for product meeting defined quality standards for operations.
· Accountable for engaging and resolving quality issues with QC staff and/or Head of Quality
· Accountable for developing the SOPs, Routine Procedures, training content, training plans for operations team.
· Accountable for ensuring shifts operate at full complement and ensures shifts are properly resourced including maximizing effectiveness through cross-training etc.
· Accountable for exercising effective leadership – leverage potential by engaging commitment, aligning judgment, and developing capabilities
· Accountable for performance management – including discipline, reviews, development – for operators/crew members on Team
· Accountable for selecting, onboarding, and training operators/crew members in order to develop bench strength to fill current/future needs
· Address employee concerns, issues and solve disputes within defined guidelines
· Participate in continuous improvement programs
· Understand and respect the rules concerning safety, quality, hygiene and the environment.
Maintain confidentiality in all matters pertaining to the Roquette Pea processing plant and its operations.
Roquette provides numerous career opportunities, thanks to the diversity of its jobs and their international dimension.
Joining Roquette means joining dynamic teams ambitious for success.
Add Your Talent to Ours!