People are at the heart of our strategy
A family-owned Group, Roquette offers a positive and attractive work and career environment, in which everyone can learn, develop , contribute to the overall company performance and be recognized for doing so.
People are at the heart of our strategy
A family-owned Group, Roquette offers a positive and attractive work and career environment, in which everyone can learn, develop, contribute to the overall company performance and be recognized for doing so.
Roquette is a global leader in plant-based ingredients and a pioneer of new vegetal proteins. A career with Roquette Canada will provide you with the opportunity to work with industry leaders who are paving the way in Roquette’s future. Our teams are guided by the vision of “Better Nutrition”, “Healthier Planet”. We are looking for passionate people like you to join us in our mission to “Offer the Best of Nature”!
Reporting to the Shift Supervisor,
Responsible to contribute to day-to-day crew results including safety, productivity, quality, etc. of the department.
Responsible to monitor the Industrial equipment and process in a safe and efficient manner including : automated process, laboratory control, manual tasks, basic maintenance task, workshop cleaning and housekeeping
Accountable for delivering both short and long term production results around initiatives set by Head of Production around safety, KPIs, continuous improvement, etc.
· Application of workshop instructions and procedures
· Responsible for process control and monitoring on HMI system.
· Know and apply general and unit-specific safety rules (LOTO, Work permit, Confined space, etc.)
· Respect and apply all the food safety and quality instructions (hygiene, GMP, HACCP)
· Responsible to monitor the Industrial equipment in a safe and efficient manner, monitoring including: automatized process, laboratory control, manual task, maintenance task, workshop cleaning, Forklift
· Conduct the diagnosis following process incidents, ensure the proper functioning of the equipment that the operator is responsible for, especially during the operating rounds that have been put into place, and report any anomalies to their team leader.
· Ensure equipment is in good repair by performing basic maintenance operations
· Responsible for maintenance diagnostic, record the maintenance work order in SAP, and ensure safe maintenance interventions (Risk analysis, LOTO, Work permit, Hot work permit, Confined space permit, etc…)
· Responsible for safety control of the equipment in case of safety incident.
· Participate in process optimization projects.
· Participate in the training of new employees
· Perform cleaning of the workshop and its surroundings according to the established schedule.
· Responsible of the chemical cleaning in place of the equipment by respecting the Safety rule, quality or production instruction
· Recognize and apply the quality provisions of the system of concern: procedures, instructions, managed lists.
· Write, check or update SOPs as required.
· Detect operational risk and prevent hazardous situations.
· Participate in incident investigation and root-cause analysis.
· Responsible for in-process sampling, analysis and transferring QC samples to the main lab.
· Responsible for recording of manufacturing information (production declaration, initiate process order) in digital tools or paper report
· Contribute to the regular safety test on the industrial equipment.
· Participate and contribute to the performance daily meetings in order to share process information with the team and all the departments.
· Responsible for timely completion of quality and routine workshop check lists, tasks, etc.
· Other duties as assigned
· Responsible to apply the quality instruction
· Responsible for engaging and resolving quality issues with QC staff
· Ensure compliance with all HACCP procedures
· Interact and share information with Team Members at all levels (Operators, Shift Leaders and Managers)
· Maintain a respectful working relationship with all members of the plan
Working conditions are normal for a 24hour 7 days a week food manufacturing operation and include:
· Occasional outdoor work and exposure to seasonal conditions
· Ability to lift 25lbs – on occasion
· Standing, walking, sitting, kneeling, bending, reaching, twisting, climbing stairs and other physically demanding tasks performed regularly during the shift
· Use of a safety harness and other PPE, to climb and work at heights and to handle chemicals
· Use of various chemicals (alkalis, acids, detergents and sanitizing solutions) ranging in temperatures from 20 degrees to 95 degrees Celsius using suitable PPEs
· Exposure to dust, fumes and unpleasant odors
· Exposure to sounds and noise levels that are distracting or uncomfortable, but PPEs will be provided
· Occasional exposure to indoor temperatures with high humidity up to 40C
· Wear protective equipment including, but not limited to, specialized uniforms, safety glasses, hearing protectors, steel-toed work boots, gloves and hardhat
Education: Grade 12 or GED
Experience: 3+ years’ experience working as part of an hourly production team member in an industrial manufacturing environment. Previous experience in the food industry, dairy, beverage, oil and gas industry.
· Knowledge in Microsoft Office (Excel and Word)
· Knowledge in process control systems.
· Knowledge with:
· Grain processing
· Centrifugal separation
· Heat transfer processes
· Evaporation and/or distillation
· Industrial Drying processes
· Water treatment systems
Specific requirements: Person must be available to do extended hours (evenings and weekends) based on production needs. Must be willing to do overtime. Continuous operation 12 hour shifts 4 on – 4 off.
Roquette provides numerous career opportunities, thanks to the diversity of its jobs and their international dimension.
Joining Roquette means joining dynamic teams ambitious for success.
Add Your Talent to Ours!