People are at the heart of our strategy
A family-owned Group, Roquette offers a positive and attractive work and career environment, in which everyone can learn, develop , contribute to the overall company performance and be recognized for doing so.
The ambition of the Financial function is to be a contributor to growth and development by, efficiently, reliably and cost-effectively:
• managing financial assets and financial performance,
• being solutions providers regarding financial matters,
• ensuring compliance with financial reporting regulations and standards.
The Global Finance organization is aimed at allocating resources in a way that maximizes shareholder value. Its role is also to ensure the reliability and prompt availability of business data, financial reporting and financial analysis to support the decision-making process.
The main missions of the GL & Fixed Asset Analyst are:
- Overall responsible for handling all aspects of fixed asset accounting in Canada and the US, and other sub-area in Americas
- Support as the fixed asset accounting subject matter expert and assist the local finance team to successfully roll-out and implement the company policies in the region and ensure compliance with business processes
- Support the month-end and year-end closing process, continuous process improvement, deploy group procedures and tools, including develop local procedures
- Contribute and support actively the implementation of projects including the roll out of the shared services operating model.
GL and Fixed Assets:
· Fixed asset and general ledger transactional activities and will contribute significantly to ensuring the integrity of the IFRS (and local GAAP) financial.
· Recording the cost of newly-acquired fixed assets (both tangible and intangible), tracking existing fixed assets, recording depreciation, and accounting for the disposition of fixed assets in SAP FI-AA (or other local systems).
· Capitalizing the fixed assets/rental assets (IFRS16 for leases)
· Scope including CIP creation and close out, write on, write offs and transfers
· Create and monitor/maintain a system of controls, procedures, and forms for the registration of fixed assets, including the training of to the end users of the system
· Track the compilation of project costs into fixed asset accounts, and close out those accounts once the related projects have been completed.
· Coordinate the identification and periodic physical verification of fixed assets.
· Maintains capital funding schedule and management authorizations
• Minimum (5) years work experience required, preferably including accounting and 3 to 5 years fixed asset experience
• SAP experience and well verse in Asset Accounting module (SAP FI-AA), including the sub-modules of GL, AP, AR, CO, COPA, Bank Accounting and etc.
• Blackline Balance Sheet Integrity account reconciliation experience required
• Hands-on approach and success in working in a cross functional team-based environment
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel and other MS applications
• Understand and have knowledge of new lease accounting guidelines
• Excellent written, verbal communication skills
• Ability to maintain good working relationship with all employees
• Strong project management skills, projects leadership experience and work with limited direct supervision
· Greenfield capital project implementation and capitalization experience in SAP environment
· Experience presenting to key stakeholders or other decision makers
· Familiar with Federal and State Tax depreciation methods in the US and Canada
· Participation experience in all phases of SAP implementations
· 2+ years’ experience in public accounting relevant to job requirements.
Business Trips (Percentage):
Up to 30% travel within the US/Canda/Mexico/Brazil.
We expect four leadership skills from all our employees:
• Act like a valuable team member
• Target quality and excellence
• Be disciplined and compliant
• Make decisions quickly and with determination.
Roquette provides numerous career opportunities, thanks to the diversity of its jobs and their international dimension.
Joining Roquette means joining dynamic teams ambitious for success.
Add Your Talent to Ours!