· Job facts
Roche Diagnostics has created a new business charged with building a modern software stack that will change the way patients are cared for. Our challenge is to bring together complex diagnostic and treatment data from medical devices and IT systems within a hospital and intelligently process and present this data to doctors and care-givers to improve patient care.
We are looking for an Engineer who specializes in providing world-class technical support on SaaS based products. This person will be the key contact forTier-2 escalation providing our customers with resolution to product specific technical challenges that cannot be resolved by Tier- 1 support staff.
This position will work across the business, closely partnering with the Commercial organization, Tier-1 Support teams, Engineering, DevOps, and Product Management. They will bewidely regarded as a subject matter expert in Navify product offerings and its technical dependencies, able to resolve the complex issues or identify acceptable workarounds. This position would be encouraged to leverage relationships across organizations to both learn and transfer knowledge to solve complex technical challenges for our product line.
· Offers comprehensive technical support to assure the highest level of customer satisfaction through analyzing and collecting customer data (log files, stack traces, thread dumps, etc.) to determine the cause of the problem, selecting and explaining the best solution, expediting the correction and following up to ensure resolution.
· Ensure incidents and service requests are handled appropriately and in a timely and efficient manner; providing updates on ongoing incidents or projects
· Utilize automated technology and instrumentation to diagnose, document, and resolve/avoid Customer issues
· Identify trends in incident data and develop strategies to resolve recurring or chronic issues
· Responsible for reproducing / confirming product defects and reporting such defects to Engineering and Product Management for future consideration
· Responsible for proactive monitoring and support to maintain the health of NAVIFY environment; resolving and/or escalating issues and notifying internal and external stakeholders
· Helps transfer knowledge with teammates and first level support through: Development and Delivery of Formal Team Training sessions/Brown Bags, Formal Mentoring, Creation/Review of Knowledge Repository Articles
· Keep accurate records and document customer service actions and discussions
· Constantly submit ideas to improve team performance and procedures
· Bachelor's degree in IT, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or similar field or equivalent work experience
· Must have at least 2+ years experience in providing customer support and advanced troubleshooting on SaaS based products
· Must have experience with AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud
· Hands on system administration experience andworking knowledge of virtualization systems (Hyper-V, XEN, KVM, VMware)
· Experience with system configuration and networking (DNS, DHCP, rout tables and routing)
· Understanding of Microservices
· Must be technically adept, hands-on capabilities, and multi-tasking skills
· Customer-service oriented; Excellent client-facing verbal and written communication skills
· Working knowledge of customer service/technical support software, databases and tools.
· Flexibility to work customer business hours if required including evenings and weekends; willing to travel up to 25%.
Other skills / experience preferred but not required:
· Experience working at a Tier-2 level customer support
· Experience in supporting APIs, HL7, FHIR for exchanging electronic health records a plus
· Experience in production operations including logging and monitoring
· Experience with standard monitoring tools like Splunk, AppDynamics, New Relic and/or any other tools used for data driven decisions and analysis
· Experience working with large enterprise customers in business-critical environments
· Who we are
At Roche, 94,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we've become one of the world's leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual's race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.