· Job facts
The Summer @ Roche Intern Program has been developed to provide students with a fun yet rewarding summer through hands-on experience and numerous opportunities to network with other interns as well as employees in the organization. Additionally, we help our students meet their career development and educational goals while potentially building a future with the Roche organization. Leveraging the education you received already, we hope to give you an opportunity to grow and develop with us! Additionally, the selected intern will be asked to participate in various intern activities, which may include workshops with leaders in the organization, our mentor program, and our Poster Symposium among other activities.
· Work as part of a development team writing code that will eventually be released into production
· Learn Agile processes and contribute to our Continuous Integration and Delivery pipelines
· Take on exploratory or research projects to assess new and emerging technologies
· Be responsible for the quality and performance of your work, and learn how it fits into the larger healthcare solutions that Roche provides to its customers
To be ready for the experience, you should...
· Be woking on a Computer Science or Software Engineering related degree (3+ years if bachelors degree)
· Have experience with or interest and drive to learn cloud technologies and principles; AWS is preferred
· Be ready and excited to work on software applications that are used in the healthcare space by doctors all over the world
· Currently enrolled in an accredited college/university during program calendar year 2020
· Completed at least 2 years of college/university to be eligible for the program.
· Must have a ≥3.0 GPA
· Minimum availability of 12 weeks (Required start on or before program Welcome Reception and end date on or after Summer End Poster Symposium).
· Previous experience in the job duties listed, either through course work or industry/academia
· Participation in student organizations and/or other leadership experience
After the internship, you will have learned...
· Agile principles, and how to work collaboratively to deliver quality software
· Quality and Performance testing tools and methodologies, and the automation that allows them to scale
· The impact that Roche has on patients' treatment and care every day, and how your contributions will affect those patients
· Who we are
At Roche, 94,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we've become one of the world's leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual's race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.