· Job facts
The Summer @ Roche Intern Program has been developed to provide students with a fun yet rewarding summer through hands-on experience and numerous opportunities to network with other interns as well as employees in the organization. Additionally, we help our students meet their career development and educational goals while potentially building a future with the Roche organization. Leveraging the education you received already, we hope to give you an opportunity to grow and develop with us!
· Integrate with the existing Benchmark/VSS software development team
· Work with senior development team members to reliably and repeatably identify performance issues and software bugs for immediate product improvement and future baseline monitoring purposes
· Attend SCRUM meetings along with other team members to report status and monitor risks
· Development process requires standard activities such as: prototyping, presentations, implementation documentation, design implementation, and thorough/documented developer testing.
Additionally, the selected intern will be asked to participate in various intern activities, which may include workshops with leaders in the organization, our mentor program, and our Poster Symposium among other activities.
· On a Degree path for Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering or related major
· 2 years of schooling completed with quantifiable success
· Experience in software development inside or outside of the academic environment.
· Working toward advanced degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering or related major
· 3-4 years of schooling completed with previous internships in the software field.
· Experience in C Sharp and Microsoft development technologies
Currently enrolled in an accredited college/university during program calendar year 2020
Completed at least 2 years of college/university to be eligible for the program.
Must have a ≥3.0 GPA
Minimum availability of 12 weeks (Required start on or before program Welcome Reception and end date on or after Summer End Poster Symposium).
Previous experience in the job duties listed, either through course work or industry/academia
Participation in student organizations and/or other leadership experience
What You Will Learn:
· Learn the tools used for software development and maintenance at Ventana Medical Systems
· Learn the software development processes followed by Ventana Medical Systems to allow FDA approval
· Hands on application of software development skills into a real world environment
· Participation in strong established team development environment within an Agile/Scrum-style development cycle
· Hardware/software integration skills working with actual instruments in the lab
· Who we are
Ventana Medical Systems, Inc. (Ventana), a member of the Roche Group, innovates and manufactures instruments and reagents that automate tissue processing and slide staining for cancer diagnostics. Our integrated staining, workflow management and digital pathology solutions optimize laboratory efficiency to reduce errors and support diagnosis for pathology professionals. Together with Roche, Ventana is driving personalized healthcare through accelerated drug discovery and companion diagnostics.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual's race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.