· Job facts
The Summer @ Roche Intern Program has been developed to provide students with a fun yet rewarding summer through hands-on experience and numerous opportunities to network with other interns as well as employees in the organization. Additionally, we help our students meet their career development and educational goals while potentially building a future with the Roche organization. Leveraging the education you received already, we hope to give you an opportunity to grow and develop with us! Additionally, the selected intern will be asked to participate in various intern activities, which may include workshops with leaders in the organization, our mentor program, and our Poster Symposium among other activities.
· Analyze production data from a medical devices in customer environments
· Extend existing and develop new tools, to assist in automated data parsing in order to expedite categorizationand prioritization of field issues
· Development process requires normal activities such as: developing requirements, prototyping, developing code,testing, and documenting results.
· Present proposals and results to software organization leadership
· On a degree path for Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar major
· 2 years completed against their undergraduate degree
· Proficient in at least one software programming language
· Non-academic programming experience
· Proficient in Python
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Currently enrolled in an accredited college/university during program calendar year 2020
· Completed at least 2 years of college/university to be eligible for the program.
· Must have a ≥3.0 GPA
· Minimum availability of 12 weeks (Required start on or before program Welcome Reception and end date on or after Summer End Poster Symposium).
· Previous experience in the job duties listed, either through course work or industry/academia
· Participation in student organizations and/or other leadership experience
What's in it for you:
· Exposure to all phases of the software development cycle
· Coaching from software managers
· Participation in a project that solves real-world issues for on-market products
· Skills for presenting proposals and results to software development team and leadership
· Participation in Agile/Scrum development environment
· Who we are
Ventana Medical Systems, Inc. (Ventana), a member of the Roche Group, innovates and manufactures instruments and reagents that automate tissue processing and slide staining for cancer diagnostics. Our integrated staining, workflow management and digital pathology solutions optimize laboratory efficiency to reduce errors and support diagnosis for pathology professionals. Together with Roche, Ventana is driving personalized healthcare through accelerated drug discovery and companion diagnostics.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual's race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.