· Job facts
The Summer @ Roche Intern Program has been developed to provide students with a fun yet rewarding summer through hands-on experience and numerous opportunities to network with other interns as well as employees in the organization. Additionally, we help our students meet their career development and educational goals while potentially building a future with the Roche organization. Leveraging the education you received already, we hope to give you an opportunity to grow and develop with us! Additionally, the selected intern will be asked to participate in various intern activities, which may include workshops with leaders in the organization, our mentor program, and our Poster Symposium among other activities.
· Conduct research and development in the area of application of artificial intelligence in digital pathology
· Define the problem and requirements and designs a solution and implements it
· The solution should be deployed in a platform so it will be usable by end users
Additionally, the selected intern will be asked to participate in various intern activities, which may include workshops with leaders in the organization, our mentor program, and our Poster Symposium among other activities.
· Ideal candidate is a PhD students who has finished 2 years already in one of the following majors: electrical engineering, computer engineering, biomedical engineering, or computer science
· Knowledgeable in computer vision, machine learning and deep learning.
· Currently enrolled in an accredited college/university during program calendar year 2020
· Completed at least 2 years of college/university to be eligible for the program.
· Must have a ≥3.0 GPA
· Minimum availability of 12 weeks (Required start on or before program Welcome Reception and end date on or after Summer End Poster Symposium).
· Previous experience in the job duties listed, either through course work or industry/academia
· Participation in student organizations and/or other leadership experience
The intern will learn about:
· Digital pathology
· Interacting and working in a multi-disciplinary team of imaging scientists, software engineers, and pathologists
· Application of artificial intelligence technology in the field of digital pathology
· Who we are
Ventana Medical Systems, Inc. (Ventana), a member of the Roche Group, innovates and manufactures instruments and reagents that automate tissue processing and slide staining for cancer diagnostics. Our integrated staining, workflow management and digital pathology solutions optimize laboratory efficiency to reduce errors and support diagnosis for pathology professionals. Together with Roche, Ventana is driving personalized healthcare through accelerated drug discovery and companion diagnostics.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual's race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.