· Job facts
The Summer @ Roche Intern Program has been developed to provide students with a fun yet rewarding summer through hands-on experience and numerous opportunities to network with other interns as well as employees in the organization. Additionally, we help our students meet their career development and educational goals while potentially building a future with the Roche organization. Leveraging the education you received already, we hope to give you an opportunity to grow and develop with us!
Intern will be a member of the Mechanical Engineering team and will be responsible for some 'to-be-determined' task or project to be completed during the internship.
· Mechanical part and assembly design including CAD work and prototyping
· Documentation including mechanical drawings and tolerance analysis
· Testing and troubleshooting including measurements and data collection
· Studying towards a mechanical engineering degree
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Comfortable with hands-on approach – familiarity with hardware and software prototyping tools
Currently enrolled in an accredited college/university during program calendar year 2020
Completed at least 2 years of college/university to be eligible for the program.
Must have a ≥3.0 GPA
Minimum availability of 12 weeks (Required start on or before program Welcome Reception and end date on or after Summer End Poster Symposium).
Previous experience in the job duties listed, either through course work or industry/academia
Participation in student organizations and/or other leadership experience
What the intern will learn:
· “Real world” interaction within an engineering development team
· Understanding of what is required to create a manufacturable product
· Familiarity with common vendors and suppliers for part and assembly fabrication
· Use of various prototyping tools and metrology equipment.
· Who we are
At Roche, 94,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we've become one of the world's leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual's race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.