· Job facts
This is a unique opportunity to develop practical application of skills learned in academia in the broad field of corporate real estate.
Roche Diagnostics Global Capital Investment & Real Estate (DSC) is responsible for providing an efficient, effective and sustainable working environment for 35,000 employees of Roche Diagnostics globally. This is done in various ways, from identifying and securing the right real estate solutions, workplace strategy to understand local functional requirements, designing office layouts, constructing manufacturing facilities, controlling and approval of capital expenditure across the division in 106 countries around the world. Our multi-disciplinary team offers the perfect environment for a motivated intern to apply and develop existing skills and learn many new ones in a dynamic work setting.
The Student Intern Real Estate supports Global Expert Real Estate in implementing governance compliant, best practice processes globally, managing Real Estate transactions and delivering consistent high-quality performance within the Real Estate organization. Real estate projects include new lease acquisitions, disposals, renewals, sale or purchase and any other type of Diagnostics division real estate transactions.
We are looking for a motivated, engaged and mature self-starter, keen to grow beyond the core responsibilities outlined below.
The analytical core responsibilities in this internship will be:
· Critical date and project initiation tracking
· Real estate portfolio management (critical date management, internal approval preparation and submission, liaison with local Project Managers and 3rd party vendors for necessary inputs)
· Financial Governance Programme Management support (internal approvals)
· Improved analysis of existing data (lease portfolio data, KPIs, savings/value add etc.) - statistical analysis and reporting
· Data management (e.g. occupied owned & leased asset database: data updates, document & data collection from local internal contacts, data audit, data cleansing, automated suspicious data identification)
· Systems administration
· Review and quality control DSC approval requests prior to submission to DSC Global Expert Real Estate
· Coordinate annual IFRS16 data validation and reporting
· Global Facilities Council program management & coordination
The creative core responsibilities in this internship will be:
· Optimization of existing workflows and tools - process design and automation
· Design and implement improved data management protocols - process design and data management
· Internal reporting & comms (KPIs, activity reports, intranet update, internal news articles, internal Google+ updates)
· Transaction management of real estate projects
You are an enrolled student (m/f), preferably with a bachelor's or master's degree.In order to ensure that your application will be considered, you must include a current CV as well as a motivation letter. If you want to use this internship towards the practical part of a degree (i.e. Master's or Diploma thesis), please include this information in the application.
Due to regulations non-EU/EFTA citizens must provide a certificate from the university stating that an internship is mandatory as part of the application documents.
If you still have questions then please check our FAQs and videos on careers.roche.ch/faq
· Who we are
At Roche, 94,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we've become one of the world's leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.