· Job facts
Design and implementation of distribution processes and equipment for Indianapolis Distribution Operations. Assists the supply chain organization in problem solving with regards to equipment and systems. Develops and recommends new process technologies to achieve cost effectiveness and improved product quality. Recommends processes for the distribution of diagnostics products. Establishes operating equipment specifications and improves logistics processes. Interfaces with various departments to ensure processes and designs are compatible for new product introduction and to establish future process and equipment automation technology.
Specialized and in-depth comprehensive knowledge and experience in a particular field, or business area. Duties are varied and complex often involving research, analysis and solution development. Provides direction on issues of area of expertise and assist department leadership in setting strategic direction. Typically a higher level professional position. Requires the regular use of originality and ingenuity. Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of principles, practices and procedures of field. Is generally assigned more complex and difficult assignments. Assignments are broad in nature. Typically works with greater discretion and latitude. May assist Consultants and lower level staff by providing advice and guidance.
Responsible for maintaining and continuously improving the quality system and achieving quality objectives through daily actions.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
· Key contributor to successful (on time, within cost results that meet project objectives) project team outcomes as a project team leader, member and/or consultant in specific area of technical expertise. Perform process development and improvement activities that contribute to well-developed Distribution process/improvements (i.e. equipment, materials and methods that are characterized, controlled, stable, reliable, operable, maintainable, capable, robust, efficient and complete per principles of the well-developed process.
· Identify potential value-adding projects in the areas of distribution and logistics capacity/efficiency/risk management. Provide financial justification for such projects
· Provide expert technical depth and troubleshooting to the supply chain organization to ensure ongoing supply capability and reliability
· Manage key 3rd party relationships – Consultants and third party logistics service providers. Complete process research, evaluate technologies to identify and further develop new manufacturing capabilities, drive to proof of principle.
· Support R&D development projects (through project team membership, consulting or design/project reviews) to insure supply chain processes are developed to support new requirements. Ensure alignment between Supply Chain capabilities and project deliverables.
· Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Chemical, Industrial, Electrical, Materials) or closely related scientific/technical discipline or equivalent work experience.
· 5 years relevant manufacturing, process/equipment development, R&D/product development and/or related experience in FDA or similar regulated industry. (Work pursued in support of an advanced technical degree may be considered.)
· Formal training and/or experience applying FMEA, DoE and other characterization tools, as well as specific areas of technical application (PLC, vision, etc.)
· Formal training in biosensor technology or electrochemistry or significant equivalent work experience.
· Team leader or manager /supervisor of others.
· Project management experience or competency is required.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
Engineering, Engineering > Engineering Project Management
· Who we are
At Roche, 98,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we've become one of the world's leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual's race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.