Genentech is seeking locally based applicants for project management opportunities based in South San Francisco.
Considering local candidates only.
Sr. Project Manager / Principal Project Manager is responsible for managing projects to successful and timely decision points from Late Stage Research through Proof of Concept. This role contributes to the definition of project strategy and guides the project core and sub teams to deliver on project objectives. Additional responsibilities include the following:
· Establish and maintain functionally integrated project schedules to enable accurate project, financial and portfolio analyses and ensure accurate inputs are provided into business planning processes. Ensure alignment with project sub-teams and functional partners.
· Oversee and prepare project team budget including resources and costs, collaborating with Finance and other cross-functional departments.
· Communicate, document and archive project team activities and decisions. Act as a primary contact for project team related information.
· Facilitate project team meetings, cross-functional communication and decision making, ensuring alignment with internal and external stakeholders.
· Identify, recommend and implement opportunities for streamlining team and business processes.
· Ensure the team achieves and maintains a high-level of sustainable performance by contributing to appropriate team management best practices.
Successful candidates will meet the following minimum requirements. The level of the position will be based on the qualifications of the selected candidate:
· Minimum 6-8 years of multi-disciplinary experience in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry.
· Minimum 2 years direct project management experience in drug development with knowledge of the overall drug development process.
· Experience using Project Management software to manage complex project timelines and resources.
· Bachelor's degree in the Life Sciences. Advanced degree is desired.
· PMP (Project Management Professional) certification is a plus.
At a minimum, strong candidates will demonstrate the following:
· Strong proficiency with project management practices, tools and methodology.
· Financial acumen with capability to plan and oversee project budgets and product valuations
· Understanding of portfolio management concepts.
· Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop important relationships with customers and key stakeholders.
· Good conflict management skills.
· Excellent analytical skills.
· Strong communication and presentation skills with the ability to communicate complex information effectively.
· Ability to translate strategy into action.
· Strong influencing and negotiation skills.
· Proven track record of good decision making and exercising sound judgment.
· Embraces working in a culture where receiving and providing feedback is valued.
· Results and detail-oriented.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
Research & Development, Research & Development > Research
· Who we are
A member of the Roche Group, Genentech has been at the forefront of the biotechnology industry for more than 40 years, using human genetic information to develop novel medicines for serious and life-threatening diseases. Genentech has multiple therapies on the market for cancer & other serious illnesses. Please take this opportunity to learn about Genentech where we believe that our employees are our most important asset & are dedicated to remaining a great place to work.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual's race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.