ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS & MAJOR CONTRIBUTIONS
1. Performs a variety of duties relating to the receipt, storage, and/or disbursement/delivery of finished goods, raw
materials, and other supplies, and equipment. This may include hazardous materials such as solvents,
2. Works independently to complete tasks, and records information in a timely and legible manner.
3. Receiving - Oversees the receiving and/or distribution/delivery of goods and supplies for a specific site or unit.
Inspects incoming goods, materials, and supplies, ensuring accurate quantities, traceable records, and suitability
for use in production. Delivers packages and goods to appropriate department, or individual. Maintains manual
or computerized records as required.
4. Picking/Packing - Picks, packs and labels products/goods for shipment by receiving orders, retrieving products
from storage area, and prepares products/goods for shipment. Handles returned goods in accordance with
established procedures for the redistribution, repackaging, and/or retesting of the goods.
5. Inventory/Storage - Replenishes stock as necessary to ensure an adequate supply of products, goods and/or
materials to meet daily shipping/production requirements. Examines materials on an ongoing basis for correct lot
numbers, quantities, expiration dates, and product damages. Performs physical inventory, and relocation and
consolidation of stock. Assist with material destruction to ensure efficient usage of space.
6. Shipping - Stages materials to be loaded onto trucks. Loads and unloads materials by hand or with mechanical
equipment in accordance with DOT regulations. May transfer and deliver materials to and from storage area by
hand, by driving a truck or by forklift.
7. Laboratory/Manufacturing -Maintain rooms, laboratories or work areas stocked with daily supplies. Schedule the
repairs and preventative maintenance as necessary and report malfunctions to supervisor.Monitor lab supply
inventory, generate expense purchase requisitions, input production data and other work-output data into
appropriate network (e.g. SAP / LIMS) and maintain documentation in accordance with established procedures.
8. Depending upon area of assignment or primary focus, may perform various manufacturing and testing duties in
addition to maintaining departmental stock rooms, log books, preparing buffers as needed/required which may
also include, performing direct manufacturing activities such as bulk formulation, filling, sub-assembly and
sample testing. Provide input for improving existing laboratory procedures. Interface with internal groups to
assure laboratory equipment maintenance, calibration and documents conform to established practices.
9. Follows all established Corporate and regulatory safety and security procedures which include the handling of
hazardous materials. Maintains a safe and clean area in accordance with GMP guidelines and OSHA regulations.
Trains temporary/contract personnel or less experienced staff to ensure current procedures are followed.
10. Laboratory and production job incumbents may be required to handle or manage hazardous wastes. All
governmental regulations are to be followed.
11. May be required to work overtime.
12. Denpending on area of assignment, ability to operate heavy equipment, postage meters, and various tools and
office supplies required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Education: Minimum (required): High school diploma, GED, or equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
Job-related Professional License(s) or Certification(s):
Required: Valid driver's license depending on area of assignment.
Minimum (required): Six months to one year in warehousing and/or distribution. Forklift experience may be required if applying for position in Inventory & Replenishment or Warehouse.
Preferred: 1 to 2 years. Handling hazardous materials. Computer experience.
Receipt and inventory of goods and materials. Proper handling of goods, materials, and hazardous materials. Knowledge of OSHA,
IATA, ISO, DOT, GMP, SAP and QSR desired.
· Who we are
At Roche, 94,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we've become one of the world's leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual's race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.