Title: Sourcing Specialist
Duration: Full-Time Permanent
As the Sourcing Specialist you will be responsible for the execution of operational Procurement activities for business prompted, and in some cases procurement driven sourcing requests within a specific region or large site.
As a team member in a regional sourcing team, the role is responsible for executing various low to medium-level value and complexity sourcing activities such as unplanned or reactive business-led buying activities ensuring maximum possible Procurement impact and savings realization.
In addition, you will have a basic knowledge of eSourcing tools and the overall sourcing process/methodology, such as documenting requirements, conducting analysis and negotiations, and communicating with stakeholders and suppliers. The successful candidate will have an understanding of internal stakeholder functions and spend characteristics, and is able to translate business needs into sourcing requirements.
1. Operational Sourcing Activities
· Execute operational low to medium-level value and complexity sourcing requests within Region or large site and ensure operational value on efficiencies and quality on customer service.
· Responsible for maintaining information flows back to other regional Procurement and Global Category teams
· Application of the sourcing process for the delivery of operational sourcing activity, incl. the application of eSourcing tools. Support the implementation of new processes, policies, and technologies including creation of required documentation.
· Collaborate with Transactional / Requisition to Pay Procurement - Collaborate on a day-to-day basis with the requisition to pay (R2P) Procurement team (SSC) to ensure that the requisitioning component of the procurement process is delivered.
· Support CSR initiatives related to (candidate) suppliers, e.g. supplier diversity, anti-bribery, animal welfare, etc.
· Track and monitor Procurement operational targets and metrics where required and escalate issues as they arise.
2. Business Partnering, Category and Procurement Activities
· Conduct Business Partnering with specific local and regional stakeholders
· Support Category Management activities for a specific region
· Deliver Supplier Management activities for a specific region
· Deliver Category Strategy execution and deliver certain strategic (sourcing) projects
· Manage execution of entry-level, low-complex local or regional projects as agreed with Category Management team
· Deliver Operational Procurement execution and procurement support for business requirements
· Support stakeholder handover to Transactional Procurement (i.e. SSC)
· University degree, with business related degree preferable.
· Business level fluency in English as well as primary business language of the site(s).
· 1-3 years' end-to-end procurement experience including Sourcing, Supplier Management and Transactional Procurement.
· Experience or demonstrated understanding in supporting cost reduction and value improvement programs.
· Good communication skills and demonstrated understanding of translating business requirements into procurement specifications with customer service in mind.
· Knowledgeable in systems and processes for efficient management of contract documentation, templates and processing tools (e.g. eSourcing, eAuction).
· Experience or knowledge of Centre of Excellence or Shared Services operating environments
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter and resume by: October 23rd, 2018
This position is not eligible for relocation support.
This position is open to applicants legally authorized to work in Canada.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon any legally protected ground. Roche will make a good faith effort to accommodate the individual needs of applicants with disabilities in our recruitment process.
NOTE: All employment is conditional upon completing and obtaining a satisfactory background check, including educational, employment, references and criminal records (for which a pardon has not been granted) checks.
AGENCY NOTICE: Please note that Roche Canada does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Services Agreement with agency/recruiter, Roche Canada will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Roche Canada explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
· Who we are
Roche Pharma Canada has its office in Mississauga, Ontario and employs over 850 employees. The Mississauga facility is bright, vibrant, fosters collaboration and teamwork, and is reflective of Roche's truly innovative culture.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.