· Job facts
The Point of Care IT R&D department provides IT Products that support Roche and 3 rd Party Point of Care Diagnostics instruments with connectivity and governance workflows with a common solution. Our solutions help Point of Care Coordinators, clinicians, nurses, and self-testing patients with their point of care diagnostics needs.
As a Software Architect , you will contribute to the strategic decisions of the software design, providing technical leadership, tactical and strategic direction across Roche Diagnostics Point of Care as well as being a member of the Architecture Board reviewing and approving concepts across all IT products within SIS.
In this role, you will furthermore be responsible for (but not limited to):
· Defining Software Architectural principles and Design for POC IT supporting the Point of Care vision. Guiding the development organizations and/or partners working on different products and technologies.
· Acting as the interface across Roche Diagnostics to ensure alignment and collaboration related to product architecture providing the required principles, design and feasibilities or prototypes assisting SIS to reach the common goal more efficiently.
· Leading teams in elaborating technical architecture concepts, reference architectures and domain architectures in relationship to Roche Diagnostics strategies for products and services.
· Maintaining in-depth knowledge of architecture domains and technologies in line with Roche business strategy.
· Reviewing and assessing the architecture of products, product lines, and capabilities of architecture organizations.
In order to fulfill the requirements for the role, you should bring the following experience and/or skills:
· Experience in healthcare or IVD industry. Strong knowledge of Lab processes, HealthCare IT and the overall healthcare ecosystem, with a specialty in Software development.
· Experience with the application of technical standards and design patterns in agile environments executing the architecture together with the team
· (VALUED) Experience in technologies such as Cloud, Interoperability (including FHIR, SMART on FHIR, Cloud Healthcare APIs), Edge computing, Privacy, GO, Java, .NET.
· Experience in software development projects or technology infrastructure projects in a regulated environment related to Medical Devices interfacing or Health IT or equally regulated environments. Contributing to complex large scale multi-site projects.
· Knowledge of Software / IT Architecture frameworks and methodologies. Ability to define models and specifications. Experience proving the ability to develop, document and deliver design/architecture and configurations according to the business needs.
· Ability to listen and synthesize demands in a distributed decision-making model.
· Excellent written and verbal communication in English with technical and non-technical audiences.
If you still have questions then please check our FAQs and videos on careers.roche.ch/faq.
· Who we are
Roche Diagnostics International Ltd in Rotkreuz is one of the world's leading providers of diagnostic system solutions for clinics, laboratories and doctors' offices. The company employs over 2200 people in Rotkreuz and is one of Roche Diagnostics' main sites. Read more .
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.