Scientist, Chemical Biology, Roche Innovation Center Shanghai
Who we are
The Chemical Biology Department is part of Therapeutic Modalities (TMo) within Roche Pharma Research and Early Development (pRED). We deliver leading edge science to drive the success of Roche's early pipeline discovery research activities through strong expertise in high throughput or focused screening platforms, DNA encoded library technology, translational protein science & enzymology/biophysics, phenotypic cell-based screening and stem cell platforms, biostructure determination and computationally assisted drug discovery. Our breadth of capabilities further enable or drive innovative approaches across small, medium and large molecule therapeutic & drug delivery modalities.
Scientist position in Hit Identification and Qualification group of Chemical Biology Shanghai. We are seeking a highly motivated scientist who will independently develop and implement various novel assays including biochemical and cell-based assays. Be able to independently conduct experiments in biochemistry, molecular biology and cell biology, and analyze data and prepare report. Help to maintain laboratory instrument and order reagents. Experience in high content screening (HCS) and flow cytometry would be very desirable.
Principle Roles & Responsibilities / Accountabilities
- Independently develop, validate and execute microplate-based assays, including cell-base assays (HCS assay, cell proliferation assay, reporter gene assay, etc.) and biochemical assays (TR-FRET assay, alpha assay, ELISA assay etc.).
- Adapt assays into high throughput mode for screening and compound profiling
- Collect, analyze, and interpret data using standard software as well as customized software with independence.
- Write up experimental procedures and data for publication or patent filing. Maintain an accurate and current lab notebook; record all necessary information.
- Maintain a safe and organized work environment. Comply with relevant SOP's.
- Evaluate and learn new assay technologies in drug discovery.
- Manage biologics stock and maintain instruments.
- Represent assay group in cross-functional meetings, provide expertise input for cell-based and biochemical/biophysical assays and maintain high team visibility
Who we are
At Roche, 94,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we've become one of the world's leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.