Description de l'offre
Scientific Software Developer - Lab Instruments Integration
The Roche Pharma Research and Early Development Informatics team is the bridge between digital technology and science. We help drive medical innovation and are integral to the realization of truly Personalized Healthcare and the development of innovative treatments for patients.
We are shaping the digitization of Pharma R&D at Roche, and we are growing. We need innovative, dedicated people from a wide variety of backgrounds as we realize our vision.
Currently, we are looking for Research Informatics talent with expertise in automating laboratory workflows and decision making to join us in driving an innovative strategy for the digital transformation of research for patients.
· You will contribute in key ways to our strategic initiative on digitalisation of research, with a focus on automating laboratory processes and Robotic Process Automation (RPA) methods
· You will design, develop and implement smart and user-friendly software solutions for the advanced automation of modern research labs and their workflows in collaboration with scientists in the labs and optimize the solutions towards higher performance, robustness, and scalability
· You collaborate with scientists and other teams to establish and maintain the common guidelines and frameworks to efficiently support the data-processing and data-loading from the Lab-instruments up to the foundational systems and Data Warehouses
· You are responsible for integrating Lab instruments in the data processing frameworks and design and develop device driver software to automate and optimize the seamless provisioning of the generated experimental data into frameworks for further analysis and decision making
· You continuously learn new things and look into new technologies to keep yourself up-to-date with new trends, in particular in the quickly evolving field of Lab Automation, robotics and sensors in combination with modern software engineering concepts
· You know the standard lab solutions and evaluate commercial as well as open-source software solutions for small- and large molecule research, making sure they adhere to the overall Research Informatics Architecture and Standards
We are looking for a highly motivated person with a Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science, Chemistry, Biochemistry, or Engineering and a strong interest in Pharma and Medicine. If you also bring the set of skills and expertise listed below with you, we are looking forward to receiving your application.
· Very deep programming skills (Java, C, .Net, Python, REST) and experience with device driver implementations
· Experience with laboratory instruments and data exchange standards such as SiLA or frameworks like Allotrope
· Experience in agile software development methodologies
· Strong analytical skills combined with conceptual thinking and structured working style
· Excellent communication skills verbal and written in English
Get in touch with the Recruiting Team Switzerland At Roche, 94,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
Research & Development, Research & Development > Research InformaticsBasel Headquarter
· Who we are
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
À propos de Roche
La société présente depuis 2004 deux sections parallèles, le secteur pharmaceutique et le secteur diagnostic. Numéro un mondial dans les médicaments contre le cancer ainsi qu'en virologie, le groupe dirigé par le Dr Severin Schwan se focalise essentiellement dans la « médecine individualisée ».
La société est présente commercialement dans 150 pays. Son siège se situe à Bâle en Suisse. Son chiffre d'affaires s'est élevé en 2016 à 50,576 milliards de francs suisses. La société a dépensé 9,915 milliards de francs suisses en recherche et développement. En 2016, l'entreprise compte 94 000 salariés environ