· Job facts
Doing now what patients need next. A pioneer in the development of blood glucose monitoring and insulin delivery systems, Roche Diabetes Care is committed to helping people with diabetes live lives that are as normal and active as possible and helping healthcare professionals manage their patients' condition in an optimal way. The ACCU-CHEK® portfolio-from blood glucose monitoring through information management to insulin delivery - offers innovative products, services and comprehensive solutions for convenient, efficient and effective diabetes management.
Roche is a successful company that can offer exciting career opportunities. We encourage and support your development in areas of your interest which will prepare you for the next level in your career path. We know that people are responsible for our success and we value our employees. Our commitment is to create a work environment where feeling valued, respected, and empowered is a daily experience.
The Production Technician has key responsibilities supporting manufacturing operations either in the manufacturing, packaging, and/or product labeling areas. You will set up and operates a variety of automatic or semi-automatic machines used in the production of the company's product. You will work from process sheets or written/verbal instructions given by the supervisor to perform production tasks. You will check and inspect operation against predetermined tolerances. You will provide support to an area, person, or program. You will interface with internal customers and performs semi-routine support duties of a specialized nature within an assigned area.
You will be responsible for maintaining and continuously improving the quality system and achieving quality objectives through daily actions.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Set up and operate equipment and processes in accordance with standard operating procedures and pilot protocols.
· Inspect product for quality and adherence to specifications.
· Completes and ensures accuracy of all process orders and associated required documentation, records and metrics.
· Prepare work centers for appropriate line clearance procedure and conducts regular cleaning in accordance with standard operating procedures.
· May train others in department as needed.
· High school diploma or equivalency
· Thorough understanding of the principles and applications of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and ISO 9001
· Basic computer skills
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment
· Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations
· Detail oriented
· Specialized training or certification in particular area, system or equipment
· 1 year of related experience in operations or manufacturing
· Experience in team oriented work environment
· Experience in regulated work environment
· Thorough understanding of appropriate safety, health, and environmental procedures
· ERP and/or Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) experience
· Experience working in a Lean Manufacturing environment
· Who we are
At Roche, 94,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we've become one of the world's leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual's race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.