· Job facts
Objectives and Scope of Position:
· Establish long-term, peer-to-peer relationships with Therapeutic Area Experts and pathologists (TAEs), other relevant researchers/scientists and investigators in a given therapeutic field.
· Deliver key medical data, messages and evidence updates to TAEs through in-person discussions as well as educational events
· Support Medical Manager(s) in gathering TAE feedback, developing mid- and long term Therapeutic Area-specific medical strategies, and executing annual medical plans.
· Develop, monitor, and implement local and regional MSL tactical plans and progress against goals and objectives.
· Identify opportunities for collaborations between the company and the TAEs and investigators
· Assume additional responsibilities for proactively educating internal Roche audiences.
Primary Responsibilities and Accountabilities
1. Assume additional responsibilities for proactively educating internal Roche audiences.
- Interacting with key TAEs to understand their views, preferences and interests, in the assigned therapeutic area, while meeting their needs and aligning MA strategies across TAs and Franchises as applicable
- Develop and execute the TAE engagement plan in assigned territory.
- Play an active role to support medical manager in the development of the medical plans for particular therapeutic area, and support effective and efficient MSL plan execution.
- Work with line manager and peers to establish annual and longer-range plans, goals and objectives and effectively align and cascade these at the regional and country levels
2. TAE management in the field via knowledge exchange and scientific support
- Establish strong relationships with key regional & national-level TAEs and other relevant external constituents in relevant areas of expertise
- Assume responsibility for proactively researching, analyzing and communicating key trends, themes or other evolutions in the external marketplace, as these potentially impact or otherwise relate to the medical strategy in relevant therapeutic area(s)
Support clinical trial and development programs
- Identify, develop, maintain and expand communication with key investigators and key accounts to facilitate appropriate research on pipelines and marketed products
- As appropriate, support in the design and development of clinical studies
3. Provide internal scientific support
- Represent assigned Medical team in internal and external teams, meetings, presentations and other forums. Includes acting as a deputy for his/her manager.
- Ensure optimal collaboration across the assigned Medical team with internal customers, partners and other stakeholders.
4. Implementation of Roche SOP, GCP and local policies to ensure medical initiatives to comply to related SOP and regulations
- Understanding and acting in line with legal, regulatory and company standards and codes of practice (such as Roche/GNE Code of Conduct and any other directives, SOPs and guidelines)
- Inform Local Safety Responsible of safety issues according to Roche/GNE safety SOPs; and provide scientific support and follow-up on product safety issues
Professional and Technical Requirements
· Medical or PhD/PharmD degrees preferred. Other graduate health science degrees, or equivalent with strong proven therapeutic area experience considered.
· 3 or more years' experience as an MSL, Biomarker Science Liaison, MM, Clinical Scientist or related roles in industry.
· Strong, relevant therapeutic or pathology laboratory track record (typically demonstrable over 2 or more years' relevant experience). Has extensive knowledge of diagnostics' application to clinical practice, ideally with relevant publication history.
· Demonstrates outstanding knowledge of the MSL/BSL function, medical planning and TAE/Pathologist engagement
· Strong relationships with TAEs/Pathologists, and external professional, disease, and research organizations.
· Proven track record of meeting or exceeding objectives and goals
· Strong interpersonal, communication and influencing skills: can influence without authority and has proven experience building and cultivating relationships with key partners and stakeholders, both internally and externally
Minimum: Master degree of Medical/Pharmacy/ health science degrees
E xperience, Skills, Knowledge
· Strategic Agility & Managing Change: strategic thinking and flexibility to overcome unfamiliar challenges
· Team work and Collaboration: excellent collaboration skills
· Inspiring and Influencing: relationship, presentation, communication, interpersonal and networking skills
· Knowledge of clinical oncology diagnostics and sequencing highly desirable
· Knowledge of data analysis and statistics for purpose of understanding clinical study results
· Compliance with local laws, regulations and Codes of Practice
· Computer literacy (MS office, Google, etc.)
· Functional business English highly desirable
· Analytical skills
· Who we are
At Roche, 98,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we've become one of the world's leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.