· Job facts
Ideal candidate will reside in Boston, MA. Will consider candidates residing within assigned territory -states will include, Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Upstate NY (Albany, Syracuse, Buffalo).
In this position, you will be primarily accountable for consistently and effectively:
· Representing the assigned molecules/products, franchise(s) and overall therapeutic area(s) to the highest ethical and professional standards and in accordance with guidelines, direction and key marketing strategies
· Responding to on- and off-label questions with the highest integrity, compliance and adherence to legal, regulatory and Genentech guidelines, policies & procedures
· Building and cultivating important working relationships internally and externally
· Providing clinical expertise and feedback regarding operational management that effectively and efficiently guides clinical trials, other studies and investigations
· Providing clinical expertise in the development, management and maintenance of clinical and scientific communications, including research, publications, and educational materials, meeting/event presentations and information, etc.
· Actively and effectively participating in various internal and external clinical and scientific education programs, meetings, presentations and other forums; providing in-depth clinical and operational expertise and insights regarding the assigned molecules/products, franchise(s), and overall therapeutic area(s)
· When assigned, identifying and completing special projects
· Ensuring assigned goals and objectives are met and that assigned projects and other work are completed on time, to high standards and within budget
· Work with manager, peers, other partners and stakeholders in the development and alignment of medical plan tactics at the regional and local MSL levels:
· Participating in a variety of cross-functional tactical planning meetings, reviews and discussions
· As assigned, supporting your manager, medical directors, and other peers in gathering information, analyses, research and reporting to support national, regional, and local tactical planning
· With assistance from your manager, using national and regional medical plans for the assigned molecules/products to develop and align the tactical plan for your geography of responsibility
· Providing input to manager regarding travel, budget and other resource requirements to meet or exceed assigned goals and objectives
· Build and cultivate relationships with internal cross-functional partners, such as Franchise Sales, Franchise Marketing, Managed Care & Customer Operations, Thought Leader Services, Pharmaceutical Research and Early Development, Product Development, Clinical Operations, Commercial Operations and other Medical Affairs groups
· Build and cultivate relationships with the local scientific and medical communities, including study site clinical research staff, clinical investigators, physicians, other healthcare professionals, as well as regional thought leaders
· As appropriate, support design and development of clinical trials, other studies and investigations
· Support Clinical Operations with Phase III studies, by providing clinical support at investigator sites
· Evaluate, review and propose, when and where appropriate, revisions to protocols in support of the development and/or medical strategies of the assigned product(s). As and when approved, undertake the necessary revisions to protocols, ensuring full compliance with all established procedures and guidelines, as well as appropriate communication to others involved/impacted colleagues and/or external parties
· Work with a host of cross-functional partners to develop plans and tactics for implementation and completion of clinical trials, studies and other investigations. Includes plans for developing and recruiting for patient registries, clinical and scientific communications, publications, clinical and scientific education, advisory boards, clinical and scientific congresses, other conferences and meetings, etc.
· Work with Medical Communications and Publication Planning to develop, disseminate and manage calendars and timelines for clinical and scientific communications, publication plans and other relevant research, data, information and communications for assigned molecules/products
· Maintain the highest standards and levels of scientific, clinical and technical expertise in the specific therapeutic area(s) of assignment; reviewing and keeping updated on scientific/medical journals and other relevant publications, attending scientific, clinical, commercial and other key meetings, forums, venues, etc., as well as continuous communication and effective partnering with various Genentech and Roche groups
· As assigned, complete special projects
Candidates for this position should hold the following qualifications, have the following experience, and be able to demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and abilities to be considered as a suitable applicant. Please note that except where specified as “preferred,” or as a “plus,” all points listed below are considered minimum requirements. Years of experience listed below can be substituted with equivalent, relevant competency levels.
· Clinical Science Degree
· Advanced Clinical/Science Degree is preferred (e.g., PharmD, PhD, MSN, MPH, etc.)
· GCP (Good Clinical Practice) and ICH (International Conference on Harmonisation of Technical Requirements for Registration of Pharmaceuticals for Human Use) proficient
· In-depth knowledge of Phase IV/post-marketing drug development is preferred (knowledge of or experience with Phase I - III drug development is a plus)
· In-depth, relevant therapeutic area knowledge
· Comprehensive understanding of product and safety profiles
· Demonstrable knowledge of medical aspects of FDA regulations
· 4 or more years' related work experience (academic, research, clinician, consulting or industry experience)
· Experience as a field medical science liaison is a plus
· 2 or more years' clinical trial experience (either in industry or in another, related setting) is preferred
· 2 years' experience in relevant therapeutic experience
· Proven track record of meeting or exceeding objectives and goals
· Outstanding attention-to-detail
· Good business acumen; has working knowledge of the multi-disciplinary functions involved in a company's drug development process, e.g. research, development, clinical operations, biostatistics, regulatory, commercial, etc.
· Excellent project management skills: can prioritize multiple tasks and goals and ensure the timely, on-target and within-budget accomplishment of such
· Outstanding self-presentation skills
· Demonstrable influencing and professional presentation skills
· Strong communication skills, both written and verbal; includes very good listening skills and an open attitude and acceptance to being
· Strong communication skills, both written and verbal; includes very good listening skills and an open attitude and acceptance to being coached
· Strong teamwork orientation
· Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
· In addition to passing Genentech's background screening, the employee must submit to and pass additional background screening as required by some institutions and health facility sales accounts (additional screening requests may include but are not limited to background checks, immunization, TB, HIV, hepatitis, and drug screening)
· Business travel, by air or car, is required for regular internal and external business meetings
· Who we are
A member of the Roche Group, Genentech has been at the forefront of the biotechnology industry for more than 40 years, using human genetic information to develop novel medicines for serious and life-threatening diseases. Genentech has multiple therapies on the market for cancer & other serious illnesses. Please take this opportunity to learn about Genentech where we believe that our employees are our most important asset & are dedicated to remaining a great place to work.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual's race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.