· Job facts
Position Reports to
Head of Medical
Office 20% andField80%
The Medical Science Liaison is a field-based resource for HCPs, TAEs and investigators, delivering the scientific information that they require in the context of their work, in accordance with local laws, regulations, codes and Roche SOPs.
Deliver quality interaction and services aligned with Roche strategies that bring value to physicians.
Contribute to and implement the tactical/field medical plans, and identify opportunities for collaboration between the company and the TAEs and investigators.
Acting as an information resource:
Deliver key medical data, messages and evidence updates to TAEs through in-person discussions as well as educational events.
Establish long-term, peer-to-peer relationships with Therapeutic Area Experts, other relevant researchers/scientists and investigators in a given therapeutic field.
Contribute to medical planning:
· Gather TAE feedback, develop mid- and long term Therapeutic Area-specific medical strategies, and execute annual medical plans.
· Develop, monitor, and implement local MSL tactical plans and progress against goals and objectives.
Identifying opportunities for collaboration:
Identify opportunities for collaborations between the company and the TAEs and investigators.
· Provide support to speakers on the development of materials.
· Respond to unsolicited questions from physicians in accordance to local laws, regulations, codes and Roche SOP, facilitate their needs of up to date scientific data including but not limited to publications of clinical trials, guidelines by ensuring they have the best quality available information they require.
· IdentifyanddevelopscientificrelationshipwithexternalTAEs/expertswhoarequalifiedsources of insight andadvice
· Ensurethat allactivitiestowards externalexperts/TAEsareharmonized
· ShareBest Practices across customers tofacilitateimprovedpatientsoutcome
· Planning andexecutionofrelevantscientific advisory boards andexpertmeeting.
· Responsible to report incident / accident immediately to SHE department. Attend / complete all requisite on-line and F2F trainings (Role specific, Safety Responsibility and Compliance) within specified time limit to ensure the learning outcome after the training has been implemented in his/ her area.
· Identifies, collects and immediately reports all safety related information on Roche products to Local Safety Responsible as per Roche requirements and local regulations
· Responsible for maintenance of records (electronic and physical) as per the Local CoreMap policy.
· Responsible to own the SHE goals as individual goals and play his/her part to achieve the goal in line with strategies/action plan.
· Education/Qualifications: MSc. Biological sciences / MBBS / Pharm D.
· Minimum: Health science degree
· 1-2 years of experience as a Sales Representative, MSL, Medical Manager, Clinical Scientist or related roles in the pharmaceutical industry.
· Experience in delivery of scientific presentations.
· Experience in the principles and techniques of data analysis, interpretation and assessment of clinical relevance for the purpose of understanding and communicating clinical study results.
· Relationship with TAEs, other thought leaders, and external professional organizations is preferred.
· Proven track record of meeting or exceeding objectives and goals
· Knowledge of clinical oncology diagnostics and sequencing desirable
· Managing change andconflictresolution
· AnalyticalSkillsand experience in data analysis
· Demonstrable team working ability as itinvolvesinternal and externalnetworkingacross themarkets
· Excellentplanning and organizationalskillsto demonstrateleadershipandinitiative.
· Excellentproblemsolvingability in additiontostrongnegotiationskills
· Abilityto work in Matrix multicultural organizations and collaborateeffectivelywith commercial counterparts
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
Medical Affairs, Medical Affairs > Medical Science Liaison
· Who we are
At Roche, 98,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we've become one of the world's leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.