· Job facts
We are looking for a Mechatronic Software Development Engineer to strengthen our software team within an interdisciplinary department comprised of software, electronics, mechanical and test engineers. In this challenging position, you will have the opportunity to develop software for the control of a networked mechatronic component within a large laboratory transportation system. The software is real-time in nature and is developed in C++ using an existing real-time framework with low-level hardware drivers and is tested using both real and simulated hardware. The project is located in Rotkreuz , Switzerland with partner development teams in Germany and Spain.
The main activities consist of
· Participation in all phases of software development from feasibility studies through design, development, testing and bug fixing and maintenance
· Based on requirements and models, definition of software architecture, design and specifications, ultimately leading to implementation
· Participation in the definition of work packages, their estimation and planning in a sprint-based agile environment
· Adherence to a software development process including contribution to written deliverables and documentation
Who we are
Roche Diagnostics International Ltd in Rotkreuz is one of the world's leading providers of diagnostic system solutions for clinics, laboratories and doctors' offices. The company employs over 2200 people in Rotkreuz and is one of Roche Diagnostics' main sites. Read more .
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
Ideal candidate profile
Who you are
University education in a software-related field such as software or electrical engineering
At least 3 years of industry experience would be an advantage
· Knowledge of C++ or C combined with at least one other object-oriented language
· Basic scripting knowledge would be an advantage
· Experience working in regulated environments such as the medical device industry is advantageous
· Willingness to travel up to 20% of the time (on average)
· Developers with an interest in inter-disciplinary and hardware focussed applications as well as electronic or mechanical engineer with a strong background and interest in software development are encouraged to apply
· Fluent in English and preferably the ability to work in German
In addition to programming skills we require people with excellent communication and team working skills, flexibility, willingness to write good documentation and the drive to bring a product to its conclusion.