· Job facts
Build and maintain Pharma Technical Operations Informatics Manufacturing (PTIXM) business partnership through providing innovative and reliable Information Technology products and services, to enable reliable Drug Substance Manufacturing to meet business objectives in a lean and compliant manner.
The IT Business Partner (ITBP) drives business opportunities enabled by information and technology. They are the strategic interface for the purpose of business technology and strategy development, risk management and relationship management for the ultimate benefit of patients.
The position of Site IT Lead/Business Partner in the Drug Substance (DS) Manufacturing IT group requires an individual skilled in Business Partner relationship management with an in depth knowledge of the global IT/OT landscape and the diverse technical and organizational landscape of the manufacturing site they are assigned. They will develop professional relationships with the Site Leaders and Site technical leaders to enable a seamless partnership that enables site operations through IT technology roadmap in Vacaville Site.
What you'll be working on:
· You partner with business stakeholders, co-create technology-enabled business strategies through Collaboration-Pods (or C-Pod) and align with overall Org Unit and Network Level Themes and Epics
· Provide strategic direction, prioritization, mobilization of resources aligned to shared business objectives with respective areas
· Actively participate in strategy setting meetings in Pharma Technical Operations Informatics (PTIX), Drug Substance Manufacturing IX and across informatics.
· Support Quarterly Business Reviews and be accountable for the Product Portfolio
· Take leadership role that educates, advises and challenges to enrich business area strategy for the benefit of the whole
· Negotiate and influence to ensure the right product managers and product owners are assigned to key initiatives
· Identify business opportunities and work with business and informatics partners to architect, design, prototype and deliver continually improved products
The ideal candidate:
· Has business domain knowledge for the following area(s)
· Biopharmaceutical Manufacturing domain
· Knowledge of operational technologies, interfaces to enterprise systems.
· Knowledge of Manufacturing Execution System, Automation & Lab systems.
· Business Partnering, Customer Engagement, Relationship
· Nurtures and develops a business savvy consultative and value driven partnership.
· Champions Informatics Strategy and the implementation of core platforms
· Exhibits a high degree of self-awareness, empathy, listening, active curiosity, awareness of different norms and expectations
· Well-networked, awareness of Group processes, cross-org perspective, connects the dots, adds the external perspective
· Executional accountability that maximizes the value realization
· Sees problems from your partner's perspective.
· Demonstrates executive presence, strong business acumen, navigates ambiguity, manages complexity
· Understands market challenges and competitive issues.
· Exhibits intellectual curiosity and integrity
· Exhibits an Agile mindset in the approach to work, i.e.:
· Enables a diverse group of partners to speak with a single voice
· Good enough instead of perfection
· Focus on “Reuse before Buy before Make”
· Plan, partner and oversee the business relationship between Business Support, MSAT, Process Automation, Engineering & Facilities, SHE, Materials Management
· Educate, sensitize, and manage the expectations of customers to IT realities, challenges, and fundamentals.
· Champion IT Partnership with other networks and bring solutions to enhance business performance.
· Coordinate lifecycle discussions and planning between IT and the business for critical manufacturing IT Infrastructure.
· Facilitate the intake of customer requests for service and solutions, ensuring proper prioritization, routing, tracking and closure.
· Review site business plans and strategies, develop Vacaville site IT plan to align with the business, and advise / influence Manufacturing IT roadmaps to enable business.
· Drive standardization of IT solutions across the network.
· Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, life sciences or a related field
· 10+ years of IT experience, with 5 years in leadership management, demonstrated experience in building partnerships with in IT and Clients.
· Must have experience in life sciences Manufacturing domain, technology.
· Experience working in a GMP regulated environment with Computer Systems Validation experience.
· Proficient knowledge of pharmaceutical technology and processes (manufacturing, plant maintenance, shop floor systems, quality lab systems, data historians or automation systems)
· Prior experience in Emerson Manufacturing Execution System (MES), DeltaV.
· Availability to travel up to 20%
Note: Position is bases in Vacaville. Position is not eligible for relocation.
· Who we are
A member of the Roche Group, Genentech has been at the forefront of the biotechnology industry for more than 40 years, using human genetic information to develop novel medicines for serious and life-threatening diseases. Genentech has multiple therapies on the market for cancer & other serious illnesses. Please take this opportunity to learn about Genentech where we believe that our employees are our most important asset & are dedicated to remaining a great place to work.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual's race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.