Intellectual Property (IP) Engineer / Patent Engineer
For our team of IP Engineers working at different sites in the area of instruments and laboratory solutions for in-vitro diagnostic tests, we are looking for an Intellectual Property (IP) Engineer / Patent Engineer.
In this position you will work in close collaboration with Patent Attorneys, RnD projects as well as Business Areas, supporting them in driving and protecting innovation. It is expected that you have a curiosity for new technical fields and strong interpersonal skills.
Please note that the role of an IP Engineer is not a function that aims at becoming a patent attorney.
In this challenging role, you will be responsible for following tasks and duties:
· Support the technical project leaders and developers in the identification and clarification of third-party IP rights to gain freedom to operate for our products.
· Support the work on patent documents such as preparing patent searches, preselection of patent documents according to their technical relevance with respect to a development project.
· Identification and processing of innovations as well as keeping up the IP awareness of our employees.
· Instructing technical experts and project leaders on how to provide the deliverables according to established processes.
· Collaborating between the IP engineers at the three different sites in tracking the status of IP projects, patent assessments and monitoring activities.
· Active participation in organizational tasks, such as writing processes and best practices, for the team.
· Less than 2% traveling involved.
Who we are
Bei Roche leisten 94,000 Menschen in 100 Ländern Pionierarbeit im Gesundheitswesen. Gemeinsam haben wir uns zu einem weltweit führenden, forschungsorientierten Healthcare-Konzern entwickelt. Unser Erfolg baut auf Innovation, Neugier und Vielfalt.
Roche ist ein Arbeitgeber, der die Chancengleichheit fördert.