· Job facts
The Data Sciences - Applications Engineer role is a part of a Global Data Architecture, Analysis and Visualization team responsible for collaborating with Pharma Development Data Sciences functions and Information Technology groups to design, implement and support data science work products for a fast evolving Data Sciences organization.
The team seeks to increase operational efficiency by exploring new technologies and finding better ways to do our work. After collaboratively selecting technologies, we scale solutions to be standardized, reusable, validated for clinical study data processing and reporting.
Furthermore, providing support to Pharma Development Data Sciences in the maintenance and use of the computing, data pipeline and analysis environments. This includes providing environment and tool-based training, process support, data science applications, data storage and performing system administration activities.
Roche offers multiple opportunities for experts in Data and Computation, so give yourself a chance for a career of a lifetime!
Who are you?
A strong programmer with 5+ years of experience in R, Python and SAS. Some exposure to modern software development techniques and data engineering would be valuable to have. You're someone who wants to influence your own development. You're looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies.
In this role you will:
· Develop and support solutions in R, R Shiny, Python, SAS, and serve as a go-to person on technical issues.
· Develop and maintain tools and systems associated with Biometrics computational environments.
· Provide user support of our computing environments and internal tools.
· Support department initiatives and task forces. Participate in departmental or cross-functional working groups and process improvement activities.
Who we are
Roche Pharma Canada has its office in Mississauga, Ontario and employs over 850 employees. The Mississauga facility is bright, vibrant, fosters collaboration and teamwork, and is reflective of Roche's truly innovative culture.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual's race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Ideal candidate profile
Who you are
The ideal candidate is someone who enjoys working with both traditional and more modern technologies and applications (such as cloud computing and code-based data engineering). Ideally, accepting a challenge, adapting and applying personal expertise, experience and learning to solve problems. As the ideal candidate you aremotivated by challenging assignments and feels rewarded by applying novel solutions and approaches. The ultimate goal is for the development of tools to facilitate creation and execution of statistical deliverables by the end-user.In addition you bring:
· Bachelor or Masters degree and 5+ years of programming experience preferably in the pharmaceutical or life sciences industry.
· Excellent technical skills with advanced knowledge in R, R Shiny, Python and SAS. Preferably with background computer science and understanding of database design and methodologies.
· Extensive experience in the development and execution of project user requirements, validation plans, development and implementation.
· Collaborative teamwork and interpersonal skills that demonstrate initiative and motivation. Strong problem solving skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills in a global environment.
We are looking for professionals who can function with a high degree of autonomy.
The role could be offered at an intermediate or senior level, depending on experience and depth of relevant technical expertise. Candidates are encouraged to specify in their application which seniority / expertise level they are interested in.
Roche embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a range of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Do you have questions? Please check our FAQs and videos on careers.roche.ch/faq.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
Research & Development, Research & Development > Biometrics