· Job facts
The Molecular Targeted Therapeutics (MTT) Group at Roche Basel is searching for a talented research associate candidate to help progress our drug discovery programs. This position is a temporary position for 18 months. We are looking for an exceptional candidate who is highly motivated to join our cancer biology team focused on the discovery of novel small molecules to treat patients with high unmet medical need. MTT focuses on the discovery of novel targets, mechanism and approaches in the area of cancer genomics/signal transduction, combinations therapies, and synthetic lethal relationships. The successful candidate should be flexible and dynamic in order to quickly respond and execute in a high pressure field of early discovery. You will work as part of a team of associates, graduate students and post docs to validate and progress targets as well as identifying novel chemical matter in a molecular and cellular laboratory environment. In this role, you will have the following responsibilities:
· Perform cutting-edge research into identifying and validating novel targets
· Run routine assays for identifying and characterizing novel chemical matter
· Address fundamental scientific questions, be responsible for the design and execution of experimental work, conduct data analysis, and keep accurate electronic records
· Perform molecular biology experiments including but not limited to growth assays, western blotting, stable line generation, ELISA, qPCR, AlphaLISA, etc
· Analyze data and interpret the results
· Attend and present at internal meetings
· Share knowledge by enthusiastic collaboration with other scientists and associates inside and outside the group
· Have laboratory management responsibilities including daily lab routine, ordering supplies, monitoring inventory, and contracts
We are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic research associate with a demonstrated track record in basic or translational research who is interested in translating their research into clinical applications.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and qualifications:
· Completion of an apprenticeship for research associate (Roche program a plus) or a Bachelor's/Master's degree in pharmacology, biochemistry, or molecular biology - a background in Oncology would be a plus
· 2+ years industry experience or relevant research experience
· Strong experience in biochemical and molecular biological assays with advanced molecular biology knowledge
· Experience with advanced culture systems (co-culture, 3D systems, tumor spheres, organoids)
· Hands-on experience in immunological assays and techniques would be a plus (ELISA, AlphaLISA, Luminex, FACS sorting, etc )
· Hands-on experience in cell culture (human and mouse)
· Should be able to conduct original research in an independent fashion
· You are proactive, goal-oriented, well-organized team player and are able to solve problems creatively
· Excellent oral and written communication skills in English are required (ability to speak German a plus)
The preferred start date for this position is beginning of November 2019.
* For non-EU / EFTA citizens: Please state your eligibility status to work in Switzerland (e.g. B-Permit, C-Permit) and note that if you do not own a valid Swiss work permit, Roche cannot guarantee your final employment due to authority regulations.
** PhD's and post docs''s graduated cannot be considered for associate roles in Roche pRED.
· Who we are
At Roche, 94,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we've become one of the world's leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.