The Automation Specialist ensures that Roche Sequencing Solutions (RSS) customers can automate NGS Sample Prep workflows on major liquid handling platforms. The core competency of the Automation Specialist is in the biological processes of NGS Sample Prep workflows and assisting in their implementation on automated liquid handling systems. The Automation Specialist will assist in developing automated methods on in-house liquid handlers and transfer the resulting methods to liquid handler vendors/customers as appropriate. The Automation Specialist will contribute to design transfer process between global teams including operations, global customer support and development.
· Develop and execute verification plans of automated RSS NGS Sample Prep workflows on in-house liquid handlers.
· Support troubleshooting activities for internal and customer-facing workflow automation.
· Interface with automation vendors and other reagent vendors for collaborative development efforts
· Support automation projects for high value opportunity customers who have unique automation needs.
· Advise R&D early in the product development cycle on volumes, temperatures, and techniques appropriate for automation customers.
· Assist in development and validation of automated methods as needed.
Core Roles and Responsibilities:
· SHE: Select from the drop down the statement that reflects the level of responsibility for this position.
· Quality: Select from the drop down the statement that reflects the level of responsibility for this position.
· Select from the drop down the statement that reflects the management level of this position.
· Select from the dropdown whether this position manages people.
· Bachelor of Science and 3-7 yrs. experience or an equivalent combination of education and related experience.
· At least 3 years' experience at the bench executing biology workflows.
· Experience with Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) workflow development
· Experience with targeted enrichment workflows
· Experience with NGS Bioinformatics analysis
· Master's Degree in Biological Sciences
· Who we are
At Roche, 94,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we've become one of the world's leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual's race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.