The story of Cartier is founded on audacity and passion. For more than 170 years we have embraced a bold, pioneering spirit that continues to inspire our teams across all Métiers from our boutiques to our workshops and corporate offices. Our 7,500+ colleagues of 90 nationalities are united by a shared independent spirit and commitment to excellence, striving to continuously enrich our Maison’s heritage by pushing the boundaries of creativity.
Primary Duties :
The Merchandiser for Jewelry will work within the Merchandising/Supply Chain Department for Cartier North America. The Person will assist the overall Jewelry business with stock support to Retail and Ecommerce and by developing new analysis/reports
Key responsibilities :
1) Ensure Product Availability
· Monitor boutique stock levels/assortments & Sales to determine optimal product mix, recommend and execute actions to support sales.
· Liaise with international merchandising/operations team
· Manage sales forecasts for range & novelties
· Build assortments by boutique; review & update based on trends
· Stock requests, stock allocation, special orders, returns, reallocations
· miscellaneous requests
· Allocate products from the warehouses and the workshop.
2) Service to the Commercial Network
· Interact with boutiques regarding stock availability; support Special orders and all requests for product
· Ensure proper product flow; share best practices for inter-boutiques transfers, guidelines on maintaining quality of the stock (cleaning, reservations).
· Support E-commerce team for stock requests
· Create transfers to support Ecommerce sales
· Request stock and availability to International team
· Liaise with boutiques and International team to ensure deliveries are met on time, and transfer guidelines & processes are being followed.
3) Stock Management
· Monitor inventory levels vs. targets and shortages
· Proactively initiate stock balancing within Networks and Warehouse when necessary
· Identify inventory opportunities by analysing stock transfers & needs, propose assortment adjustments
· Partner closely with Logistics team within the warehouse to facilitate and enhance product flow, track shipments and prioritize deliveries.
· Handle inbound and out-bound product flows (i.e. returns (RTV’s)) to local and international vendors and other stock reduction/maximization actions
· Monitor damaged stock levels with Logistic team and the workshop.
· Support Employee Purchase Programs & Employee Sales
4) Continuous Improvement of Processes
· Power BI reports – build and maintain sales/stock/transfers dashboards related to Jewelry.
· Monitor monthly or weekly changes in sales trend, shortages, logistic processing, Regions/Boutiques/Ecommerce stock, assortment and trends
· Present finding to the team and propose solutions to management
· Handle special projects and responsibilities as required. Communicate with Marketing, Corporate Retail; PR team; Warehouse; VM; Sales and Operations team
· Assist with administrative functions
Required experience :
· 2-3 years of experience related to store planning/merchandising/buying is required
Technical skills / abilities :
· Ability to quickly learn new software applications, must have excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office with strong focus on Excel, Analysis and PowerPoint
· Power BI experience is a must
· SAP experience is a strong plus
· Knowledge of Jewelry and precious stones is a strong plus
Personal skills :
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills are needed
· Customer service focus
· Fast learner
· An entrepreneurial mind-set that includes a curiosity to improve business acumen is required
· Motivated individual able to work independently and as a team player is required;
· Strong organizational skills with excellent time management and decision making skills;
· Ability to build business strategies and plans related to inventory
· Ability to work additional hours as needed