about the role
A Cloud Operation Engineer shares responsibility in the implementation, operation and management of Flexible Engine Cloud infrastructure. The Cloud Operation Engineer uses a strong understanding of all aspects of a cloud centered data center both on a physical level and virtual level, and the ability to troubleshoot, identify and resolve very complex problems in a timely and professional manner. The role also requires strong execution and focus to meet the needs of our Cloud customers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Recommend technical solutions that will enhance performance, increase redundancy, and add flexibility to the existing infrastructure.
· Quickly turn business problems into technical solutions.
· Manage configurations and the deployment of equipment in compliance with established technology policies.
· Implement new changes and services on preprod environment and validate the changes meet our standards and criteria.
· Document all the steps involved during the changes, and be able to do any requested documents and guides of the changes as needed.
· Interact with other team members to offer assistance in troubleshooting, and knowledge transfer activities
· Regular participation in change control activities that comply with ITIL change management.
· Build solution and scripts that enhace the function of our site and help operate and maintain our infrastructure.
Requirements – Education, Skill & Abilities:
· Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or a related field or 4+ years of experience in a technical position.
· 2+ years of experience in system administration/cloud implementation.
· Excellent knowledge on openstack cloud platform and its different services.
· Fluency in English in Both writing and Speaking , French is a plus.
· Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with customers.
· Critical thinking skills, problem solving aptitude.
· Accountability, commitment and having a sense of urgency
· Experience in implementing large-scale cloud infrastructure.
· Excellent network analysis fundamentals and robust troubleshooting skills.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and able to work as a productive member of a team Ability to coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.
· Demonstrated capability to achieve results under pressure. Manages time effectively and according to priorities.
· Experience working on geographically dispersed team.
· Solid knowledge of AWS public cloud and its different services.
· Implementing appropriate monitoring tools for cloud networks.
· Deep understanding of cloud technologies, such as
· Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS),
· Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS),
· Linux system administration experience which includes:
· Linux performance tuning
· Linux kernel's networking stack
· Linux Namespaces
· Linux Load balancer
· Linux Virtual Server
· Scripting/Programming experience
Orange Cloud for Business