Description de l'offre
Provides direction and specialist knowledge in applying the technology/application to client business. Facilitation of customer product/application understanding through presentations demonstrations and benchmarks; provision of support throughout the sell.
As a Staff Sales Consultant you will be responsible for providing presales technical / functional support to prospective clients and customers while ensuring customer satisfaction. Develop and deliver high quality standard Oracle presentations and demonstrations. Present and articulate Oracle product*s strengths, features, benefits, and competitive advantages. Design, validate, and present Oracle software solutions to include advanced product concepts, future direction, and 3rd party complimentary products.
Duties and tasks are standard with some variation. Completes own role largely independently within defined policies and procedures.3 - 5 years business experience preferred; vendor experience also preferred. 3 years relevant computer applications or database/tools preferred. Demonstrated proficiency in one multi-user operating system. Knowledge of system and application design preferred. Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills. Ability to travel as needed. BA/BS degree or equivalent preferred.
SYSTEMS PRESALES CONSULTANT
Oracle has a large community of pre-sales consultants across EMEA&APAC that on a daily bases engage in tasks such as:
• Product presentations & demonstrations
• Advice customers & partners on how to best use Oracle products
• Respond to tenders
• Interact with product development about new releases, new functionality
As a pre-sales consultant you have the chance to develop in a very broad spectrum, ranging from product expertise, customer interaction, communication and general IT market knowledge. Successful pre-sales consultants are highly demanded individuals with the possibility to develop a career in many different IT (and non-IT) functions.
The EMEA Presales Centre is tasked to support the EMEA&APAC field pre-sales in a diverse number of ways. Ranging from answering to tenders, customizing demos, building prototypes to directly supporting partners and/or customers with specific requests.
For the centre we are looking for individuals who are willing to take on the challenge of building excellent product knowledge (Oracle/Sun hardware) and to combine this with a good commercial sense, clear communication while working in an international environment.
The presales center in Bucharest is expanding it's support to cover the Oracle (SUN) Hardware product-line. On a day to day bases you will work closely with the Hardware presales teams across countries in EMEA&APAC. The tasks delivered by the Presales Center hardware consultant will expand over time, but initially will be focused on:
• Supporting the field presales with creating and maintaining ‚shopping baskets'. When large customers choose Oracle as their hardware provider they typically specify their needs as „small, medium or large systems”. Shopping baskets translate the customer requirements to actual products, these baskets need to be initially specified and over time maintained as products become obsolete.
• Create and maintain component „picklists” according to given specifications. Picklists are general product configurations (made up of many components) that are known to have certain characteristics (e.g. performance, availability). An example of how picklists are used is: the customer asks for a configuration to support 250 Ebusiness Financials users. This request would then be matched against a predefined ‚picklist' known to deliver good performance in the requested situation.
• Provide Technical Approval for Completeness on hardware offers before they go to customers. For example do a check that the components offered work together technically, that all the required cables etc. are included and that all the needed power supplies, mounting material etc. is included in the offer.
Over time these activities will be expanded to cover technical tender responses, responding to technical enquiries and doing product briefings.
A significant portion of your time will also be used to stay up to date on the latest product releases & Oracle's strategy. This is done through self-study, online training, classroom trainings depending on the topic.
To fulfil the role of pre-sales consultant we are looking for individuals that match the following profile:
• Good understanding of the IT market & trends.
• Technical/IT education, university degree
• Works in an IT related role today (preferably hardware related)
• Good understanding of hardware technologies such as:
o Solaris Servers (CPUs, Memory, I/O Controller)
o Storage Technologies (Disk and Tape)
o Datacenter equipment (racks, power sequencer, etc...)
• Experience using or managing Windows, Linux or Unix operating systems. Linux experience is a strong plus.
• Eagerness to learn! Oracle has an incredibly broad (and growing) portfolio of industry leading products. If you find it interesting and fun to pick up a new product and master these in a very short timeframe, this is the place to be!
• Good communication skills, both oral and written in Japanese and English! You are able to not only understand complex technologies but also to explain to others in clear and simple terms. You can articulate key messages very clearly.
• Openness to work with different languages & cultures (you will support most of Europe)
• Results orientation, you won't be satisfied until the job is done with the right quality!
• Excellent administration/organizational skills. Focus on detail!
• Ability to work in (virtual) teams. To get a specific job done often requires working together with many colleagues spread out in different countries
• Self-motivated, you have the natural drive to learn and pick up new challenges
• Work experience in a similar role is an advantage
• Languages, we currently have open positions for persons that speak good Japanese, English
Please submit your CV in English! Thank you!