Description de l'offre
Junior consulting position for those who are continuing to develop their expertise. Receives general instruction on routine work and detailed instruction on new projects or assignments.
As a member of a project team, follows standard practices and procedures to analyze situations/data and provide quality work products to deliver functional and technical solutions on applications and technology installations. Work involves some problem solving with assistance and guidance in understanding and applying relevant Oracle methodologies and practices. Implements Oracle products and technology in various industries to meet customer specifications.
1-3 years of overall experience in relevant functional or technical roles. Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience. Product or technical expertise relevant to practice focus. Demonstrates competence in a minimum of one product or technology area. Ability to communicate effectively and build rapport with team members and clients. Ability to travel as needed.
POSITION DESCRIPTION FORM
Oracle Quality Management System
Global Job Grade
LINE OF BUSINESS
REPORTS TO (Job Title Only )
Consulting Practice Manager
DIRECT REPORTS TO THIS ROLE
Oracle provides the world's most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems, with more than 370,000 customers—including 100 of the Fortune 100—representing a variety of sizes and industries in more than 145 countries around the globe. Oracle's product strategy provides flexibility and choice to our customers across their IT infrastructure. Now, with Sun server, storage, operating-system, and virtualization technology, Oracle is the only vendor able to offer a complete technology stack in which every layer is integrated to work together as a single system. In addition, Oracle's open architecture and multiple operating-system options gives our customers unmatched benefits from industry-leading products, including excellent system availability, scalability, energy efficiency, powerful performance, and low total cost of ownership.
Oracle Utilities Overview
Oracle Utilities delivers proven software applications that help utility companies of all types and sizes achieve competitive advantage, business performance excellence and a lower total cost of technology ownership. Oracle Utilities integrates industry-specific customer care and billing, network management, work and asset management, mobile workforce management and meter data management applications with the capabilities of Oracle's industry-leading enterprise applications, business intelligence tools, middleware, database technologies, as well as servers and storage. The software enables customers to adapt more nimbly to market deregulation, meet ever-evolving customer demands and deliver on environmental conservation commitments.
The India Delivery Center is part of the Oracle Utilities Global Delivery Consulting group that partners with the regional consulting centers in delivering the high performance Utilities solutions that increase our customers' competitiveness. The delivery incorporates institutionalized methodologies in an offshore environment whereby world-class talent is developed through mature standards and processes. The Oracle Utilities Global Delivery Consulting group continues to improve its core delivery value proposition through the recruitment and development of top technical talent.
This Staff Consultant position is primarily responsible to work on Oracle Utilities Maintenance, Support for Oracle Utilities Clients. Leveraging their prior knowledge in Batch Process monitoring on Production systems, this consultant will work as part of team with other consultants, project or production support team and delivery managers.
(Outline key/overall objectives of the role)
· Work as part of the project or production support team responsible for remotely monitoring the batch process that will be run in different environments at client sites.
· Ensure customer satisfaction by delivering high quality batch monitoring service within agreed budgets and time frames.
( Outline specific tasks/responsibilities of the role)
· Experience in CCB is a plus.
· Experience in various scripting languages like shell and Perl etc.
· Experience in writing basic SQL queries.
· Triage the batch issue and apply the solution with limited/no guidance.
· Co-ordinate with Development and other IT teams to drive for resolution on any issues.
· Monitor and implement online batch management using different work schedulers (Tivoli/Tidal/CAWA) – Configuring jobs and job streams, defining dependencies, and reporting job performance etc.
· Perform Job schedule analysis
· Monitor the progress by tracking the incident and produce the weekly / monthly reports.
· Document the issues and provide regular status reports to the Project Manager.
· RELEVANT EXPERIENCE and TRAINING
· (Indicate the essential experience, qualifications and attributes required to perform this position effectively)
· University degree in Engineering in IT, Computer Science or any of its equivalents. BTech/BE preferred, MCA is acceptable
· At least five (3) years Production support experience, preferably in a multi-national organization
· At least one (2) year work experience on Batch Monitoring
· Understanding of basic Unix Administration.
· Good Understanding of quality and security standards.
· Good understanding of business processes
· Knowledge in any Customer Management and Billing System a plus
· Experience in Object-oriented Design a plus
· Strong written and spoken English communication skills
(Indicate the level of relevant skills and knowledge needed for this role)
1 Offshore development/delivery
2 Utilities Industry
4 Project/Portfolio Management
5 Client Management (internal and external)