Description de l'offre
Work as part of a team that acts as the central resource and driving force for the design, process, manufacturing, test, quality and marketing of product(s) as they move from conception to distribution. Organize interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget.
As a member of the product development division, you will define product specifications and or strategy. Gather and analyze information to define product specifications and review design specifications. Communicate product strategy and functionality. Initiate and foster relationships with other groups. Review product documentation and collateral. Ensure successful product releases based on corporate priorities.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex, needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Oracle CPQ Cloud plays a central role in the sales processes of many large businesses throughout a variety of industries. These include Symantec (software), Carestream (life sciences), Flowserve (industrial manufacturing), Juniper Networks (high tech), ADP (business services) and Vodafone (telco). Our software helps sales personnel efficiently identify the best products that meet customer needs, price the products appropriately to win the business, and deliver a professional proposal, contracts, and ordering documents. All this is optimized for ease-of-use on the salesperson's favorite technology—tablet, laptop, or smartphone. Oracle CPQ Cloud, the evolution of CPQ market-leader, BigMachines, integrates with many Oracle and non-Oracle sales tools to provide a complete cloud-based lead-to-cash solution, removing the hiccups and errors that are present in most homegrown and disconnected applications.
As a member of Oracle CPQ Cloud Product Management, you will be a product and customer champion, part of fast paced team that seeks to build the next generation of market-leading CX solution services. The team contains seasoned product managers and leadership that have been core to the Oracle CPQ and BigMachines software for over a decade. We're a roll-up-your-sleeves group with expectations that you will do the same. Managing this product requires that you enjoy diving into the weeds of customers' sales processes and IT infrastructures. You enjoy working through real-world issues with customers on the front line. You collaborate with other product managers (both within the core CPQ team, and among other Oracle software apps) and will have direct ownership of some initiatives. You will document market-appropriate requirements and communicate directly with developers to achieve successful feature completion. You will also participate in the roll-out of your initiatives, including managing its adoption by internal and external audiences and vetting of product documentation. This position requires a talented, thoughtful, and driven individual who has a “whatever it takes” attitude.
Skills and Experience
· 4+ years software industry experience including 2+ years software product management on a customer experience application (CPQ, eCommerce, CRM, etc.)
· 3+ years in a customer-facing role
· User empathy. Demonstrated ability to collect end-user feedback and deeply understand consumers' pain points
· Demonstrated commitment to prioritization of user experience. Ability to walk-the-walk, represent user intuition and interface needs across roles: app users (internal sales, channel partner, and customer self-service) and administrators (technical, non-technical, and business role focus)
· Passion for customer success
· Excellent writing, presentation, and public speaking skills; must provide examples of your writing and presentation style during interview process
· Strong interpersonal skills. Must be sharp, energetic, assertive and results-oriented; able to prioritize and focus in a rapidly evolving environment
· Goal orientation and negotiation capability: Proven experience building and executing plans in a matrixed environment with numerous goals
· Robust technical aptitude; to be successful, you must deeply understand the technical capabilities of this product; hands-on scripting skills
· Must be willing and legally able to travel internationally
· 6+ years software industry experience,
· Technical product management experience in CPQ or a related product category: Salesforce Automation, Customer Relationship Management, eCommerce, ERP, Contract Lifecycle Management, etc.
· Proven experience in setting direction, prioritizing development activities, and driving new product development investments in an organization using Agile methodologies
· Experience providing commercial and product expertise to sales cycles in a B2B business
· Previous partner management, business development, customer training or consulting management experience a plus
Work location is Deerfield, IL