Description de l'offre
Overlay sales personnel providing specialist product expertise to the sales force.
Partners with Account, Technology, and Application sales representatives to qualify and close new business on Oracle solutions. Provides specific industry or product expertise to facilitate the closing of deals within sales representatives territory. Interacts with sales team to architect the solution, and develop and execute solution strategies for market. Manages solution opportunities to obtain appropriate and necessary resources for all qualified opportunities. Leads teams in the sales process for establishing market visibility and deal visibility. Presents/demonstrates solution to high level clients and industry conference attendees. May provide training to field sales on industry/solutions. Builds and maintains a network and up to date specific industry or product knowledge.
Duties and tasks are standard with some variation. Completes own role largely independently within defined policies and procedures. 3 or more years of sales experience preferred including solution sales experience. Subject matter expertise in industry/product space. Knowledge of key industry leaders and management. Presentation and product demonstration experience. Understanding of software and consulting arenas. Excellent communication, negotiating, and closing skills with prospects and customers. Oracle knowledge and/or knowledge of Oracle*s competitors. Travel may be needed. BA/BS degree in related field.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Role: Analyst, Regulatory Affairs and Market Development
Oracle Utilities Global Business Unit
About the Job
Oracle Utilities is seeking a Regulatory Analyst to work in our Arlington, VA office. The market for utility investments in demand side resources, grid modernization, and technology innovation is quickly evolving and the Regulatory Affairs and Market Development team needs a talented team member with excellent analysis and communications skills to help advance the market for utility investment in clean and innovative software solutions.
You will be expected to deliver timely, accurate and actionable analysis and perspectives on market structures, regulatory schemes and proceedings, utility filings, policies, and the viability of particular business opportunities. You will primarily provide support to the Regulatory Affairs and Sales teams and occasionally with Marketing and Product.
Day-to-day responsibilities of the role will include leading and developing research, presentations, qualitative and quantitative analysis, and written documents such as memos and white papers. This role may also present the opportunity for some external facing education and advocacy with stakeholders, regulators, and utilities. Therefore, you bring to this role a clear aptitude for compelling and persuasive communication with both internal and external audiences.
This role could involve travel up to about 15% of the time..
· Conduct timely analysis of regulatory filings and proceedings, policies and markets.
· Proactively monitor and conduct advanced research to provide insight on the regulatory and industry trends across key markets around the globe to help guide strategic decision making processes.
· Develop presentations, talking points, white papers, and other supporting materials that will be delivered to internal audiences and to engage key external stakeholders in different markets (e.g. utilities, regulators, consultancies).
· Help prepare for and attend where needed external meetings (including travel as required to support).
· Help monitor the landscape of stakeholders, regulators and utilities to help the Regulatory Affairs and Sales teams anticipate and respond to opportunities and threats.
· You have a BA/BS preferably in business, economics, political science, environmental studies or other relevant fields. Master's Degree is a plus but not required.
· The ideal candidate will have a background in policy, research, business strategy or consulting. Utility industry or energy policy knowledge is preferred.
· You have at least five years of work experience in a relevant field and preferably at least 2-3 years of direct experience in a similar role.
· You are an exceptional written and oral communicator who knows how to advocate for an idea.
· Thoughtful synthesis and engaging communications skills are essential. An analytical and curious mind, collaborative spirit and commitment to deliver are assumed.
· You have total comfort with both qualitative and quantitative analysis, PowerPoint presentations, and Excel.
· You have demonstrated success with strong project management skills, being exceptionally organized, and handling multiple diverse assignments and deliverables at one time.
· You function well in a fast-paced, team-focused environment
· You are passionate about energy efficiency and demand response, and growing the market for technology innovation in the utility industry.
· Writing sample required for consideration.