Description de l'offre
Responsible for developing, applying and maintaining quality standards for company products with adherence to both internal and external standards. Develops and executes software test plans. Analyzes and writes test standards and procedures. Maintains documentation of test results. Analyzes test results and recommends corrective actions.
As a member of the technical/process QA division, you will design, install and evaluate quality control methods and systems. Design continuing maintenance of product quality. Develop standards and procedures to provide quality guidance and methods.
Duties and tasks are standard with some variation; displays understanding of roles, processes and procedures. Performs moderately complex problem solving with assistance and guidance in understanding and applying company policies and processes. BS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. A of 1 year of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle-NetSuite is currently looking for a Software Engineer in Test to join our growing Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) team in Kitchener-Waterloo. We are building additional teams in order to tackle critical initiatives in the Supply Chain Management, Financials, and Billing feature areas of NetSuite.
· Are you passionate about product quality and customer satisfaction?
· Do you think details matter?
· Are you a positive team player?
· Do you like challenges?
· Do you have good problem solving skills?
· Do you care about code testability and enjoy helping developers write more testable code?
· Do you want to work with modern, agile test engineering practices?
If you answered yes to the previous questions, our job might be the right one for you.
We are looking for technically capable, detail oriented people who strive to help teams build and ship very high quality features.
Software Developers in Test participate in all aspects of software development starting with gathering and refining requirements for new features, to planning and executing effective test strategies, to helping shape the codebase so that it is easily and efficiently testable, to driving the implementation of test suites and automation tests. Furthermore, they need to be able to efficiently investigate and determine the root causes of defects in the system and verify their fixes.
Test automation plays a vital role in our development process, but it is not only about code coverage. It is also about your bright ideas which will make the testing process more effective and reliable.
As a Software Developer in Test, you will be working closely with product managers and Software Developers to ensure product quality and customer satisfaction for all features shipped. You will serve as the team's quality advocate, mentoring those around you to put quality first, and helping engineers not only write testable code, but that the code is properly & comprehensively tested. You will participate in the risk analysis process and, using best practices, propose mitigation plans that will involve test automation (API's, UI), performance, smoke, exploratory testing and other test engineering techniques. You will work on the entire application stack, from database to browser using the same engineering tools as developers.
· Education in computer science, engineering or equivalent work experience.
· 4+ years of hands on programming experience in Java or another object-oriented language.
· 2+ years of experience in quality assurance.
· Great ability to understand the business logic of applications.
· Exceptional problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
· Excellent listening, written and verbal communication skills.
· Excellent ability to work as part of a team, or individually depending on the tasks at hand.
· Strong critical thinking.
· Attention to detail.
· Great ability and willingness to learn.
· Positive attitude and great sense of humor.
· Honesty, openness, empathy.