Description de l'offre
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will apply basic to intermediate knowledge of software architecture to perform software development tasks associated with developing, debugging or designing software applications or operating systems according to provided design specifications. Build enhancements within an existing software architecture and occasionally suggest improvements to the architecture.
Duties and tasks are standard with some variation; displays understanding of roles, processes and procedures. Performs moderately complex problem solving with assistance and guidance in understanding and applying company policies and processes. BS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 1 year of software engineering or related experience.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salary verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
Software Developer for Oracle Demo Cloud – Expand your knowledge, gain experience and get certified
Come and join the leading enterprise-software company on the market! Oracle is continuously growing and developing new solutions for business-to-business problems in all industries: IT, finance, automotive, education, healthcare, research, travel, entertainment and so on.
Our team is looking for a new colleague to help us tackle the challenges we encounter while defining, designing and implementing cloud-management software for our Demonstrations customer-facing cloud.
Why should you choose us? Here’s what we can we promise:
- You will be part of a united team, where you can learn from professionals and you can also help others grow
- We work closely with our colleagues from other teams: operations, development, dev ops, build and infrastructure so your programming skills will be completed with knowledge from adjacent areas
- We build solutions where you will be involved in all the phases of the project: gathering requirements and analyzing the user’s needs, designing, coding, testing, deployment and maintenance, but also smaller tools with immediate results in improving our daily tasks of our colleagues
- Our organization is devoted to personal development; we have programs dedicated to learning, either job related technologies or not, soft skills and a mentorship program where you can take advantage of the experience of others to help you grow
- We have projects written in AngularJS, Node JS, APEX, PL/SQL, Shell, Python and Perl, so you can choose to deepen your skills in one of the languages or switch gears more often
How can you help us?
Design, write and maintain software that manages Oracle product demonstrations, as well as cloud-management software that manages the Oracle demonstrations product fleet. Also, be ready to perform Linux-level administration tasks for our own server infrastructure, as well as to understand the context of our delivered solution.
Also, you will be responsible for:
- Developing new software
- Creating and managing our development environments
- Creating test cases and test environments and doing QA for the software we develop
- Doing maintenance (on a rotation basis) for our software
- Problem diagnosis (part of maintenance for our software)
There will be around one week-end day every quarter (3 months) when you will be required to support the maintenance of our application.
What we hope to find in you:
- An avid desire to learn
- A bachelor degree in IT
- Programming skills:
o Front-end development technologies
o Back-end development technologies
o Continuous integration and continuous delivery tool sets
GITLab, Jenkins, Hudson, etc
o Container technologies
Docker, Kubernetes, Wercker, etc
- Knowledge of UNIX and LINUX commands/utilities/ Linux administration
- Knowledge of a scripting language like Bash, Perl or Python will be a plus
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills in English.
As part of Oracle’s employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salary verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).