Description de l'offre
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will use basic knowledge of software architecture to perform tasks associated with developing, debugging or designing software applications or operating systems according to provided design specifications. Build enhancements within an existing software architecture.
Work involves some problem solving with assistance and guidance in understanding and applying company policies and processes. Gaining competence in own area and acquiring a higher level understanding of role, processes and procedures. BS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 0-2 years of previous software engineering or related experience.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salary verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
Who We Are:
The Global Business Unit Cloud Native Engineering (GBU CNE) team is creating a micro-service platform (MSP) and associated services to facilitate the deployment of Cloud Native Software As A Service (SAAS) applications into the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI).
To support multiple Oracle products, a complex set of micro-services is being developed to allow multitenant deployments operating in a shared OCI environment.
The GBU CNE team also develops and manages an internal virtualized development and test environment used by CNE developers and GBU partners.
The GBU CNE project culture emphasizes:
• Rapid development and deployment using a CI/CD environment (Jenkins & Gitlab)
• Application of Cloud Native Development principles
• Leveraging Oracle Linux, python, docker, kubernetes and other best of breed technologies
• Strong collaboration with GBU partners and remote CNE development teams
• Enablement of unprecedented operating margins for applications hosted by the CNE MSP
Seeking a Junior Developer to contribute to the full development lifecycle of a Cloud Native micro-service platform and related services.
Candidate must have a demonstrated track record of contributing to the successful achievement of project objectives and a progression of increasing responsibilities.
Candidate will responsible for:
• Planning, designing, coding, documenting and testing of new Oracle Cloud Native services used by multiple Oracle SAAS products
• Review and approve the work products of other team members
• Develop software using Agile methodologies and participate a member of scrum development team
• Supporting the operation of the MSP using DevOps methodologies for the rapid introduction to production of new services and operational enhancements
• Technical thought leadership and mentoring of junior colleagues
• BS/MS degree or equivalent relevant experience required
• +2 years software development experience required
• fundamental understanding of the Linux operating system
• comfortable working in a Linux development environment, including operation of SSH and general shell functions
• strong networking knowledge
• knowledge of Python, Bash or Groovy
• open source development familiarity
• CI/CD experience using Jenkins and Gitlab
• Docker knowledge
• experience with SCM tools and best practices
• Agile software development experience
• Knowledge of C++ or Java
• Knowledge of virtualization concepts, cloud and orchestration
• Kubernetes knowledge