Date: Aug 23, 2018
Location: Seoul, KR
Are you ready to revolutionize entertainment?
Gracenote is the top provider of entertainment information, creating industry-leading databases of TV, movie, and music metadata for entertainment guides, applications and in car entertainment. Our technology serves billions of requests daily to hundreds of millions of devices around the world. Our customers include innovators like Apple, Twitter, Google, Spotify, M-GO and Hulu, top consumer electronics and cable companies, as well as leading automotive manufacturers such as Ford and Toyota, throughout the US and the world. Simply put, data provides you with an opportunity to impact the evolution of the entire entertainment industry.
The Gracenote service is a unique, high performance, massively scalable media recognition system tailored to the exploration of music, video and sports. We process billions of queries each day from millions of users across the globe, with an average response time in milliseconds. The service is the technology behind many of the most exciting desktop, mobile, automotive, and consumer electronic products and apps in the marketplace today.
Development of mission critical multimedia indexer systems performing large scale automatic content recognition (ACR), processing millions of queries per second. This position is based in Gracenote's offices in Seoul, South Korea.
· Design and implement fault-tolerant and high efficiency large scale multimedia indexing systems
· Optimize the behavior of media indexing systems with hundreds of servers in a dynamic cloud environment
· Implement tools handling audio, video, and image fingerprints
· Test the performance of multimedia indexer systems in various environments
· Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) or equivalent in Computer Science
· Experience in Unix/Linux based development environment
· Experience with at least one of the following programming languages: C/C++, Python, Rust
· Knowledge in network and multithread programming
· Knowledge in data structure and algorithms
· A passion for problem solving
· Experience with mission critical services
· Experience with asynchronous IO (Boost, libevent, IOCP, etc.) and high throughput server implementation
· Experience with large scale distributed systems (implementation, analysis, and troubleshooting)
· Experience with log and metric collection and analytics systems
· Experience with map-reduce based systems (Hadoop etc.)
· Experience with cloud environment and tools (Amazon AWS and its tools)
· Experience with DevOps tools (Chef, Docker, etc.)
· Ability to fast prototype API servers for web applications
· Ability to develop mobile apps (iPhone and Android)
Our passion for music, TV, movies, and sports is at the heart of everything we do. But what really makes us tick is our people. From Emeryville to Sydney and Queensbury to Amsterdam, we are building the team that’s going to disrupt the digital universe. This starts by creating a workplace where all things entertainment are celebrated and innovation can come from anyone. If you are interested in being mission critical and on the leading edge of global entertainment technology then please contact us today!
Gracenote, a Nielsen company, is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.