Date: Oct 6, 2018
Location: Halifax, NS, CA
Gracenote is an entertainment data and technology provider powering the world's top music services, automakers, cable and satellite operators, and consumer electronics companies. At its core, Gracenote helps people find, discover and connect with the entertainment they love. Daily, Gracenote processes 35 billion rows of data and is quickly becoming a world-leader in return path “big data.” Over the past 3 years, the company has grown to more than 2000 employees in 17 countries, including over 600 of the world's top engineers with a passion for music, video, sports, and entertainment technology. Founded in 1998, Gracenote is one of America's most iconic and respected media companies.
We are presently looking for a Software Engineer to join our data delivery platform team. This team is responsible for one of most critical parts of the Gracenote data platform: putting our data into the hands of customers. Companies like Comcast, Google, and Apple rely on Gracenote video metadata APIs to power their products for millions of customers around the globe and we're looking for people who are passionate about crafting and deploying high-quality, high-performance, and highly-available software to join us in building and evolving our platform to deliver new streams of data and larger volumes to our customers building the next generation of video and entertainment platforms.
FOR THIS ROLE WE ARE LOOKING FOR INDIVIDUALS THAT HAVE:
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
· 3- 5 years of experience working Java or Scala development (core language, jdbc, servlets, threads, IO). Experience with Kotlin will be added advantage.
· Experience with relational databases including schema design
· Experience working with SQL, and performance profiling and analysis
· A solid foundation in software development and software design principles
· Experience with Agile/XP methodologies such as test-driven development are a huge plus.
Desired experience but not required:
· Messaging Systems (Kafka, JMS, etc)
· RESTful web service design and implementation
· Data engineering and schema design (+ XML/JSON)
· Scripting Languages (Groovy, Python, Ruby, Bash)
· NoSQL datastores (MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase, etc)
· Linux DevOps
· Additional programming language experience (Ruby, Groovy, Python, etc)
Candidates with experience developing and deploying APIs, backend data engineering, and experience with a wide variety of datastores and programming languages are very well suited to the technology stack that we are currently built on and could get up to speed and begin contributing very quickly and will be given extra consideration.
Our passion for music, TV, movies, and sports is at the heart of everything we do. But what really makes us tick is our people. From Emeryville to Sydney and Queensbury to Amsterdam, we are building the team that's going to disrupt the digital universe. This starts by creating a workplace where all things entertainment are celebrated and innovation can come from anyone. If you are interested in being mission critical and on the leading edge of global entertainment technology then please contact us today!
Gracenote, a Nielsen company, is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.