Description de l'offre
Date: Aug 21, 2018
Location: Chennai, IN
Software Developer (UI) - 23193
Technology and Engineering - India Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Job Title: Software Developer (UI)
Job Location: Chennai, India
As a Nielsen Software Developer, you will be responsible for analyzing, developing, testing, and
supporting highly complex application software. The position requires expertise in current Web and UI
technologies, and competency to work on the most complex projects. This position works on broad,
highly-visible, strategic software development projects in an extremely complex and evolving technical
and the business environment.
· Designs, analyzes, and documents software applications across multiple project teams and applications:
· Investigates and analyzes verbal and written requests for application software, interpreting application requirements to construct highly complex applications.
· Writes technical documentation for routines and applications, facilitating their maintenance.
· Constructs, tests, installs, and maintains software applications:
· Develops highly complex software code, which is maintainable, easy to use, and satisfies application requirements.
· Develops and executes application test plans, analyzes test results, and makes appropriate revisions to ensure the applications function as specified.
· Contributes to the planning for acceptance testing and implementation of new software, performing supporting activities to ensure that customers have the information and assistance they need for a successful implementation.
· Provides support to internal users and support staff:
· Investigates application incidents for missing or incorrect functionality.
· Assesses incident resolution and estimates application changes.
· Applies resolutions, leading to timely, error free revisions in applications.
· Researches, assesses and facilitates the adoption of new technologies
· Performs configuration management tasks:
· Ensures application software components are archived in common repositories according to IT standards with appropriate documentation that reflects the progression from development to implementation.
· Works with and in some instances provides work direction to our vendor partners
· Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor of engineering degree in computer science or similar
- 3+ years of IT experience
– 2+ years of software development/engineering experience in Web technologies
- Hands-on experience in HTML, CSS, Java Script, Angular JS,Ext JS, Node JS, Jasmine
– Hands-on experience with Jenkins, Chef or other Continuous Integration/Delivery tools
– Hands-on experience in Automated Testing using different tools
- Experience in agile development methodology
- Knowledge of multiple software development languages and proficiency in all related languages
- Knowledge of relevant operating systems and communication interfaces
- Knowledge of software design and testing principles
- Knowledge of database management systems
- Proven track record in making significant contributions to team efforts.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Exposure in Hadoop and Cloud
- Experience working with onshore and offshore vendor partners
Nielsen N.V. (NYSE: NLSN) is a global performance management company that provides a comprehensive understanding of what consumers Watch and Buy. Nielsen’s Watch segment provides media and advertising clients with Total Audience measurement services across all devices where content — video, audio, and text — is consumed. The Buy segment offers consumer packaged goods manufacturers and retailers the industry’s only global view of retail performance measurement.
By integrating information from its Watch and Buy segments and other data sources, Nielsen provides its clients with both world-class measurement as well as analytics that help improve performance. Nielsen, an S&P 500 company, has operations in over 100 countries that cover more than 90 percent of the world’s population. For more information, visit www.nielsen.com