Description de l'offre
Date: Sep 6, 2018
Location: Columbia, MD, US
Software Developer (Java) - 23379
Technology and Engineering - USA Columbia, Maryland
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our Engineering team and build out the next generation of our platform. The ideal candidate is a hands-on technologist, who loves to build great products and loves solving challenging problems. The candidate must have hands on experience in building CI/CD pipelines for microservices based architecture.
Responsibilities for Software Engineer
● Design and develop a data processing platform
● Facilitate along with development teams to determine requirements around automation tools, configuration management, and deployment methodologies
●Develop methodologies for automated testing of data processing platform to test various algorithms
● Provide recommendations for continuous improvement.
● Work alongside other engineers on the team to elevate technology and consistently apply best practices.
Qualifications for Software Engineer
● Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
● Strong DevOps focus and experience building and deploying infrastructure with cloud deployment technologies like ansible, chef, puppet, etc.
● Hands on experience in Cloud based development , preferably on AWS
● Experience with test-driven development and automated testing frameworks.
● Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies.
● Capable of delivering on multiple competing priorities with little supervision.
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
● Experience with infrastructure automation technologies like Docker, Vagrant, etc.
● Experience with build automation technologies like Maven, Gradle,Jenkins, etc.
● Experience with modern programming languages like Java, Node,Python, etc.
● Experience with building APIs and services using REST, SOAP, etc.
Nielsen N.V. (NYSE: NLSN) is a global performance management company that provides a comprehensive understanding of what consumers Watch and Buy. Nielsen’s Watch segment provides media and advertising clients with Total Audience measurement services across all devices where content — video, audio, and text — is consumed. The Buy segment offers consumer packaged goods manufacturers and retailers the industry’s only global view of retail performance measurement.
By integrating information from its Watch and Buy segments and other data sources, Nielsen provides its clients with both world-class measurement as well as analytics that help improve performance. Nielsen, an S&P 500 company, has operations in over 100 countries that cover more than 90 percent of the world’s population. For more information, visit www.nielsen.com
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.