Description de l'offre
Date: Oct 2, 2018
Location: Emeryville, CA, US
We are presently looking for a Software Developer to build Music and Video APIs.
Explore and Discover Nielsen! With offices located in 110 countries, we are a global independent measurement and big data analytics company focused on your future. Nielsen Portfolio is one of three core Nielsen businesses. The newly established Portfolio division is defined as a high-growth, innovation-based business that supports the needs of our clients. Portfolio includes Gracenote, Nielsen Sports/Esports/Games, Nielsen Music, Brandbank, Superdata, & Nielsen Book, making Nielsen Portfolio the largest supplier of metadata, data, measurement, and insights to the global Entertainment Industry.
Gracenote , a Nielsen Company is the leading provider of entertainment metadata and media recognition technology that powers discovery features for top TV, music, sports and automotive platforms.
Gracenote's API Service team is looking for a new developer to join us in our mission to help people explore the world's vast array of digital entertainment options .
Our team builds and operates music and video services that provide metadata to some of the most exciting mobile, desktop, consumer electronics, and automotive products in the marketplace. We process billions of queries every day that return information about songs, musicians, tv listings, movies, showtimes, sports events and more.
· An interest in building and maintaining music and video related API products, as well as organizing and processing the data that supports them
· 2-5 years software development experience
· Proficiency with one or more programming languages (e.g. Python, Go, Java, C/C++, Ruby)
· Interest working in the public cloud (e.g. AWS, Google Cloud, Azure)
· Experience with DB technologies (e.g. SQL, NoSQL)
· Linux / Unix knowledge
· Value teamwork and a healthy work/life balance
Experiences that will impress us...
· You have built and supported APIs that were deployed in the public cloud and scaled to meet high traffic demands across multiple geographic regions
· You have worked directly with product teams and customers to discover new and interesting problems to solve
Gracenote, a Nielsen company, is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland