Date: Sep 4, 2018
Location: Oldsmar, FL, US
Software Developer - 13460
Technology and Engineering - USA Oldsmar, Florida
As a Software Engineer within Nielsen’s Total Audience Measurement (TAM) group, you will be hands-on, and will be expected to bring new and fresh ideas to the company. You will be directly responsible for supporting product innovation and contributing to recommendations to employ leading-edge technology on behalf of Global Engineering needs. Key responsibilities include design, development, implementation, validation, troubleshooting and analysis of technical products and systems such as data collection instruments, monitoring software, WiFi analyzers and similar.
· Responsible for execution of well defined technical projects leading to the development of a range of products
· Provide recommendations to development and design teams to improve quality of products and / or procedures
· Develop clean and functional code.
· Innovate new technical solutions to solve business problems.
· 2 to 5 years of Java programming experience
· Experience designing and developing RESTful APIs and Microservices.
· Past experience working in an Agile development environment.
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering discipline or related degree, or equivalent work experience
· Docker containers AWS
· Worked in Agile environment
· C++ programming experience
· No-SQL Database experience
· Python scripting
Nielsen N.V. (NYSE: NLSN) is a global performance management company that provides a comprehensive understanding of what consumers Watch and Buy. Nielsen’s Watch segment provides media and advertising clients with Total Audience measurement services across all devices where content — video, audio, and text — is consumed. The Buy segment offers consumer packaged goods manufacturers and retailers the industry’s only global view of retail performance measurement.
By integrating information from its Watch and Buy segments and other data sources, Nielsen provides its clients with both world-class measurement as well as analytics that help improve performance. Nielsen, an S&P 500 company, has operations in over 100 countries that cover more than 90 percent of the world’s population. For more information, visit www.nielsen.com
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.