Description de l'offre
Date: Sep 27, 2018
Location: New York, NY, US
Research Analyst - 15833
Analytics - USA New York, New York
Are you interested in what makes advertising effective in a real-world environment? That's what we on the Brand Effect Team think about every day. Our research and deep category knowledge enables our clients' growth by helping them improve the effectiveness and efficiency of television and digital advertising.
On the Brand Effect team, which works with various clients across Automotive, Consumer Packaged Goods, Restaurant, Retail, Technology and Telecom industries, you will be responsible for compiling analysis results, from data extraction to final deliverable, while turning the numbers into stories our clients can understand. With the guidance and collaboration with clients' Research and Client Service leads, you will develop creative and media placement recommendations to help clients optimize their advertising investment.
The successful candidate will join a team transitioning to Phoenix Marketing International (effective January 1 st , 2019), one of the world's top marketing research and consulting organizations. Brand Effect assets, which provide resonance tracking capabilities to measure memorability and quality of advertising campaigns, will complement Phoenix's existing ad and brand performance measurement and together provide a powerful 360° view of campaign performance. As a member of the team, you will be crucial in taking our products and clients to the next level and have a unique opportunity to help integrate these business units.
Research Analyst Role
When you join the Brand Effect team, you're signing up for an experience that requires flexibility, curiosity, and passion. As a Research Analyst, you will:
· Analyze, mine and interpret syndicated and custom data and determine the “why” of the results
· Work as part of a team to apply research solutions
· Perform data extracts using the Brand Effect proprietary database and data analytic tools
· Prepare scheduled and custom client-ready reports using PowerPoint
· Ensure the integrity of all data collected by completing quality control process on all deliverables
· Initiate discussion / raise questions with manager when elements of the data are inconsistent with prior findings or expectations
· Work with internal operations teams to ensure client surveys are implemented correctly
· Gain a larger understanding of your client's industry and learn how best to incorporate client business needs into analyses
· Strong written communication and interpersonal skills
· Effective organizational skills and ability to multi-task
· Close attention to detail to ensure accuracy of the analysis
· Eager to learn and develop skills
· Ability to deliver under deadlines
Background and Technical Skills
· Bachelor's degree in Marketing or related field
· Strong quantitative, data tabulation, analytic thinking and data mining skills
· Advanced skills in the Microsoft Office suite of products (Excel, PowerPoint)
· Knowledge of BRIO/HYPERION is a plus
· Knowledge of marketing and advertising is a plus
Nielsen N.V. (NYSE: NLSN) is a global performance management company that provides a comprehensive understanding of what consumers Watch and Buy. Nielsen's Watch segment provides media and advertising clients with Total Audience measurement services across all devices where content — video, audio, and text — is consumed. The Buy segment offers consumer packaged goods manufacturers and retailers the industry's only global view of retail performance measurement.
By integrating information from its Watch and Buy segments and other data sources, Nielsen provides its clients with both world-class measurement as well as analytics that help improve performance. Nielsen, an S&P 500 company, has operations in over 100 countries that cover more than 90 percent of the world's population. For more information, visit www.nielsen.com
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.