At Netflix, we are shaping the future of entertainment by bringing top-quality global content to virtually every country around the world. In building and scaling our business in the Americas, we have established a number of partnerships with mobile and cable networks and smart TV manufacturers that help us deliver our service worldwide in a consumer-friendly way, e.g. enabling access to Netflix on your favorite devices, or allowing payment through your mobile bill. These partnerships have been essential in accelerating Netflix’s expansion, and as they grow, so does our team of finance experts who support them.
Have you ever wondered how Netflix is made available on all of your favorite devices? Wondered how you’re able to pay for Netflix through your mobile bill? Or thought about how we track incoming and outgoing payments related to our global partnerships? We are looking for a finance professional to support our Business Development team in the Americas who shares our passion for these questions. This is a highly cross-functional role that will partner not only with Business Development, but also with legal, FP&A, Treasury, Partner Payments, and Tax teams. You will be based in Los Gatos but will work cross-functionally across many time zones with our US and international offices to support our Latin America partnerships.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL
· Perform detailed reviews of partnership deals and collaborate with corporate accounting teams to ensure proper treatment under both US GAAP and local GAAP.
· Manage all aspects of finance operations associated with partner agreements including, but not limited to: vendor set up, payment flow explanation, invoicing, timely payment collection, reconciliation of data and dealing with any billing and payment issues in the region.
· Perform accounting-related functions surrounding payments, adjustments, and review.
· Work closely with Business Development, Legal, Finance, Tax, Treasury and Partner Payments teams across the Americas to understand partnership strategies and deal structures.
· Exhibit a strong understanding of end-to-end partnership integrations and data flows.
· Consult with and advise Business Development and Legal partners on negotiation strategy for finance-related terms in partnership deals.
· Drive operational process improvements.
· Fluency in written and spoken Spanish and English strongly preferred
· 3-5 years of accounting experience - public accounting or in-house/corporate accounting are both great
· Strong understanding of US GAAP
· Advanced Excel or Google Sheets experience with the ability to navigate large data sets
· Demonstrated ability to drive process improvements
ADDITIONAL QUALITIES WE’RE LOOKING FOR
· Self-motivated and dedicated - you’re able to work and problem-solve independently.
· Communication - you cultivate strong cross-functional relationships and communicate effectively with internal teams and external partners.
· Proactive and contributive - you take initiative and follow through reliably.
· Accustomed to multitasking, prioritising and meeting multiple tight deadlines.
· Intellectually curious and passionate - our team members ask probing questions, challenge the status quo, make changes to improve processes, and have fun while doing it all.
· Comfortable with ambiguity.
· Organized, detail-oriented, and a speedy learner; you're excited about learning, focused on becoming an expert in the areas you support, and have the drive to succeed.
· A team player - you’re always open to offer innovative and constructive ideas to continue our team's success and efficiency.
· Flexible to collaborate with our International offices across multiple time zones.
BONUS EXPERIENCE - NOT REQUIRED BUT ARE A PLUS!
· Experience in tech or entertainment industry
· Experience with Workday Financials or other cloud based ERP systems
· CPA certification