Who are we?
Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with 195+ million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Netflix is reinventing entertainment from end to end. We are revolutionizing how shows and movies are produced, pushing technological boundaries to efficiently deliver streaming video at massive scale over the internet, and continuously improving and personalizing how content is presented around the globe.
Applied Machine Learning Research at Netflix is aimed at improving various aspects of our business, including personalization algorithms, systems optimization, content valuation, and streaming video optimization. As such, our research spans many Machine Learning areas, including recommender systems, causal inference, reinforcement learning, computer vision, natural language processing, optimization and operations research.
· PhD or MS student in the Machine Learning space.
· Experience with at least one of the following ML areas: Recommender systems & personalization algorithms, Deep Learning, Fairness, Reinforcement learning and bandits, Causal inference, Computer vision and graphics, Natural language processing, Optimization, Operations research, Conversational AI, Mathematical optimization
· Experience programming in at least one language (e.g. Python, Scala, Java or C/C++).
· Curious, self-motivated, and excited about solving open-ended challenges at Netflix.
· Great communication skills, both oral and written.
Nice to have:
· Past publications in relevant conferences or journals.
· Comfortable with SQL or distributed computing environments such as Spark.
· Experience with version control systems such as git.
What will you learn and do?
· You will be working on applied Machine Learning problems relevant to Netflix, and help push the state-of-the-art through research, development & evaluation.
· You will be interacting with and learning from our stunning Machine Learning researchers & engineers.
· You will be working with truly massive datasets, on real problems with significant potential impact.
· You will have the opportunity to present your work at key research forums within Netflix.
The Summer Internship
Our approach to internships is different: like Netflix itself, we offer a personalized experience for interns, and our aim is to offer an experience that mimics what it is like to actually work here. We match qualified interns with projects and groups based on interests and skill sets, and fully embed interns within those groups for the summer. Netflix is a unique place to work and we live by our values, so it's worth learning more about our culture .
Internships will be a minimum of 12 weeks, with timing flexible to candidate needs. We expect these internships to be remote. Conditions permitting, we will aim to bring the intern cohort together for an optional experience at some point during the summer.
Netflix is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity, recognizing that diversity of thought and background builds stronger teams. We approach diversity and inclusion seriously and thoughtfully. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.