Open Connect’s mission is to provide a high quality video streaming experience for our customers at a continually declining cost. Capacity Planning is at the center of those efforts, ensuring that there’s always enough capacity, while balancing the cost to add capacity. Working with the engineering and finance teams, Capacity Planning monitors utilization and is always searching for areas within the network to improve utilization or optimize spend. The Open Connect Capacity Planning group is recruiting for a Capacity Planner to focus on server, backbone, and egress traffic planning and management.
· Translating forecasted demand from finance into actionable capacity plans
· Creating and managing yearly capacity plans for ISP partners, including both server capacity and interconnection capacity
· Providing oversight and prioritization to ensure capacity arrives in a timely fashion
· Managing reporting and dashboards for overall network utilization, and identifying data needs required to improve reporting
· Continually working to refine workflows that enable the business to achieve alignment and efficiency