Description de l'offre
Supplier Development & Quality Specialist - Infant Nutrition
“A great history and a stimulating present and long-term future”
Nestlé Research Orbe, Switzerland Permanent role
activity rate 100%
At Nestlé Research Orbe, near Lausanne / Switzerland, we develop new products and processes supporting Nestlé Infant Nutrition worldwide. In addition, we also provide technical assistance to our factories around the world.
The Nutrition “Strategic Business Unit” (SBU) is part of the Nestlé Group. Our mission is to nurture a Healthier Generation. We will achieve this by leading the way in research and development of science-proven nutrition solutions and by partnering with parents and healthcare professionals around the world. At the heart of our mission is the knowledge and understanding that nutrition in the first 1 000 days of life, from conception, through pregnancy and throughout the child's first two years of life - has a direct and significant impact on health and performance in later life. Our product portfolio includes such trusted and well-recognized brands as NAN, LACTOGEN, NESTOGEN, GERBER, CERELAC, SMA and ILLUMA.
For this role The candidate must be available to travel within Europe as well as overseas (up to 12 times/year).
We are looking for a passionate and energetic supplier development & quality specialist to join our Nutrition Quality and Development team. You will work alongside Project Managers, Consumer Researchers, Agri Supplier developers, Procurement, Suppliers and Marketeers, turning insights and technologies into tangible product experiences.
In close collaboration with the innovation and consumer research groups for Nestlé's regional business and technical teams, this is a fantastic opportunity within R&D to develop new suppliers (and technologies) to support the infant cereals and snacks business. The ideal candidate will lead development and approval of new suppliers with a high impact on the business, ensuring baby food requirements and deadlines are met. The ideal candidate must be proactive and able to challenge the status quo.
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
· Is able to identify (together with procurement), audit and approve suppliers according to quality/food safety requirements (compliance as well as product attributes)
· Actively supports R&D Product Developers to design products and processes ensuring quality and food safety
· Is an integral part of the creation of new concepts, supporting major Innovation & Renovation projects by initiating and actively supporting the ingredients strategy for the products and processes.
· Update Ingredient related instructions, guidelines and standards together with relevant stakeholders (e.g. procurement, agronomists).
· Support transfer of raw material knowledge to product development and quality.
· Organize, manage and lead the development of new suppliers and remain available for any support for the project team
· Have inspiring ideas and motivation together with an energetic and collaborative team spirit
Academic Qualifications and Technical Skills
· Bachelor's degree or Masters in Health and Science, Food Science and Technology, Quality, Microbiology or similar
· A minimum of 5+ years of experience in project management and quality
· Understanding of Quality and Food Safety International Standards (ISO 9001, BRC, FSSC22000)
· Strong microbiology background
· Work experience in Infant Nutrition environment (in start ups/incubator is a plus)
· Demonstrates the courage and ability to lead and drive initiatives and solve problems
· Solid experience and understanding of regulatory and food safety, as well as expertise and knowledge that can bring new opportunities to the business
· Experience operating in complex working environments with multiple stakeholders
· Project management and organization skills to balance work load of simultaneous project deliverables
· Must speak fluent English
The candidate must be available to travel within Europe as well as overseas (up to 12 times/year).
Show us that you have the ability to work in teams and that you have strong networking skills. Your creativity, openness and flexibility will be key elements to your and our success. If you are motivated and your profile corresponds, please apply at www.nestle.com/jobs .
The Nestlé Group is the World's leading Nutrition, Health and Wellness Company with almost 90 billion Swiss Francs in sales in 2017, more than 335,000 employees worldwide and 440 factories in more than 86 countries. We offer an attractive and dynamic international working environment with constant opportunities for development, reflecting our conviction that people are our most important asset. Learn more about our Group and reasons to join us on www.nestle.com