Quality Associate Scientist
This Scientist position will perform quality control activities in support of GMP products. The position is within the stability and release ADC team. The job responsibilities include analytical testing and other activities to support GMP stability studies.
The ideal candidate will ensure quality through adherence to GMP requirements. The candidate will assure adequate training to perform assignments, write and modify procedures consistent with quality guidelines. This candidate will complete the volume of work required to achieve group/departmental goals and meet deadlines and communicate the status of operations and bring deviations to the attention of the supervisor. The QC Quality Scientist will participate as needed in quality audits, provide complete and accurate records consistent with quality guidelines and GDP requirements. It is important in this role to provide complete and accurate records consistent with quality guidelines and GDP requirements. Interface with customers and across departments as needed. The QC Quality Scientist will train personnel and act as a technical consultant as needed and lead process improvement initiatives. The QC Quality Scientist will perform complex assays and processes requiring a higher level of skill and knowledge as well as identify problems and limitations of analysis. The QC Quality Scientist will perform advanced troubleshooting utilizing technical knowledge and theory. Interface with external customers. Design basic experiments to evaluate data and draw conclusions. Provide logical explanations and potential solutions. Conduct training on complex analytical procedures.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee may work near moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or hazardous chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
· The employee may frequently sit, stand; walk; use hands, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell.
· The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
· Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth vision and the ability to adjust focus.
· The employee may be required to wear an air helmet, mask, safety shoes, apron rubber and tyvek suits, protective gloves, safety glasses and/or goggles while performing in this position.
Who You Are:
· Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, biochemistry, biology, or another related life science discipline.
· 1+ years of GMP experience in pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical or life science industry.
· Instrumental experience such as HPLC, GC, LCMS, CGE, and iCE is highly desirable along with chromeleon experience.
· Strong technical writing and scientific reasoning with trackwise experience.
Job Requisition ID: 209170
Location: St. Louis
Career Level: C - Professional (1-3 years)
Working time model: full-time
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our HR Services team at 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday.
Job Segment: Chemistry, Biochemistry, Scientist, Pharmaceutical, Science, Quality